Witch Hunter Robin - Heartshaped Abyss (music by Moonspell)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Vandals
Org Profile

Witch Hunter Robin - Heartshaped Abyss (music by Moonspell)

Post by Vandals » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:36 am

Check it out and let me know :D I hope you'll like it! :D

The video can be found here:
http://www.darkland.it/vandals/download ... s_[HQ].avi
<- DarkAngel ->

Vandals Anime Music Video
http://www.darkland.it/amv

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:49 pm

witch hunter robin, eh? I'll have to give it a look. :)

Vandals
Org Profile

Post by Vandals » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:51 pm

jonmartensen wrote:witch hunter robin, eh? I'll have to give it a look. :)
I personally think it's a very interesting anime: yet hard to say (i've seen only the first 17 eps), but it has atmosphere... a good plot and an awesome chardes.
<- DarkAngel ->

Lone_Monkey
Org Profile

Post by Lone_Monkey » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:55 pm

I made a Witch Hunter Robin vid too! Actually, it's not quite done. It's Witch HUnter Robin (duh) to the remix of My December by Linkn Park (on the Reanimation album)

Vandals
Org Profile

Post by Vandals » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:28 pm

Lone_Monkey wrote:I made a Witch Hunter Robin vid too! Actually, it's not quite done. It's Witch HUnter Robin (duh) to the remix of My December by Linkn Park (on the Reanimation album)
Wow :) I want to see it when it's finished! Have u seen ours?
<- DarkAngel ->

Lone_Monkey
Org Profile

Post by Lone_Monkey » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:37 pm

gimme three more days (maybe a little more, i gots lots-o-stuff to do)

Lone_Monkey
Org Profile

Post by Lone_Monkey » Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:17 pm

\/\/0\/\/ Pros: that was really good! the syncing was amazing, the footage was well chosen but a little spoiling (but I've only seen till ep 10), Jaw dropping quality :shock: how the hell did you get that? I figure it's raw capture, correct me if I'm wrong.

Cons: Once again a little spoiling, you crossfaded scenes a lot which is pretty good but made it semi difficult to see what was going on. The song was hard to understand in some parts, mostly because of the vocals, but how does it fit with the series? (I haven't seen the entire series or read the lyrics to the song so if you think I'll get it later just tell me.)

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:37 pm

Wow, Nice clean video, ok effects (the crossfade got a little old), good choice of music, and overall nice emotional effect. Good Job.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Vandals
Org Profile

Post by Vandals » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:29 pm

Lone_Monkey wrote:\/\/0\/\/ Pros: that was really good! the syncing was amazing, the footage was well chosen but a little spoiling (but I've only seen till ep 10), Jaw dropping quality :shock: how the hell did you get that? I figure it's raw capture, correct me if I'm wrong.
[...]
Thank you a lot :D It's true it's spoiling :) Perhaps I should have written that somewhere. Anyway, I think that the last scenes were way too good to exclude: they were perfect for what I've tried to say&show in my video, to visualize the growning tension of the music...

For the footage I've used the Rice-Box fansubs for the episodes 5-15, and the few raw captures I've found (eps 1-4) for the first scenes: it could be better, but I'm really satisfied for the results.

For the music: I personally think that Moonspell's music suits well WHR, especially for the deep voice of the singer and the heavy guitar riffs that I've tried to associate respectivly to the slow and fast scenes. The song (in its lyrics) does warn the listener about "the firewalker", sent to destroy and to curse those who dare to stare towards him: I personally think that the words used in the song could be easily refered to the main plot of the anime... with a bunch of imagination, obviously :)

If you wanna read the full lyrics, they are available here: http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/moonsp ... ope.html#4

Goodbye and thanks a lot for your reply :D
<- DarkAngel ->

Lone_Monkey
Org Profile

Post by Lone_Monkey » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:09 pm

It's all so clear now 8) And yes, so spoiling but oh so very good *drool* I wish i had your skillz.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”