Wireless Keyboards

TaranT
Org Profile

Wireless Keyboards

Post by TaranT » Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:19 pm

Not exactly video hardware, but if you're typing passwords on a wireless k/b, it's something to think about. Even the rated distance of 20 meters reaches from my room out to the street...or my neighbor's house.
While a Stavanger man typed away at his desktop computer his text was also streaming in on his neighbor's machine in a building 150 meters away. Hewlett-Packard have never received a complaint like it.

Newspaper Stavanger Aftenblad had an inside track on the weird tech story since the incident involved two of their graphics workers.
Per Erik Helle got a jolt when his home computer suddenly seemed to develop a life of its own.

"About 10 pm I was sitting and watching TV when the computer, which was in sleep mode, suddenly began to buzz. I looked over and noticed it was waking up. I also saw a red light on the keyboard's receiver box blinking as if I was writing something," Helle said.

A game which he could not remember using that day appeared on the screen. When Helle went over to shut it off the screen displayed a message asking him if he "really wanted to delete this file?". Not knowing what it meant, he answered no to play it safe.

The machine was not finished. A series of beeps and clicks that hinted at error messages came so quickly that Helle again got the impression someone was writing. So he turned on his word processor.

He saw text ticking in live, and could tell from the message that it was his neighbor Per Arild Evjeberg, also his boss at Stavanger Aftenblad, who was writing. A phone call quickly confirmed that Helle was watching Evjeberg type live....
The complete article is here (Norwegian site):
http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local ... eID=427668

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:33 pm

Holy leaping word processors Batman.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:18 pm

Oh the fun I can have with instant messaging now... :twisted:
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”