Uh a zooming thing like effect

AThornInMyHeart
Org Profile

Uh a zooming thing like effect

Post by AThornInMyHeart » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:13 pm

Not sure what it's called but its awesome. So its like the original thing then whenevr theres guitar or drum the clip suddenly looks like its coming at you. Shinnie04's video Bleach Intro uses it. I would like to know how to do this. Can anyone help me? Please
We we are the new diabolic, we we are the bitter bucolic, if you want my life you can have it, we we are the pulse of the maggots

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:48 pm

I figured it out myself, you.... maybe can to.

AThornInMyHeart
Org Profile

Post by AThornInMyHeart » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:38 am

NerdStrudel wrote:I figured it out myself, you.... maybe can to.
Maybe you can tell me please?
We we are the new diabolic, we we are the bitter bucolic, if you want my life you can have it, we we are the pulse of the maggots

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:45 am

what program?
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Pherphq
Org Profile

Post by Pherphq » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:30 am

what video editing program your using to do this effect there are alot of programs that requires that effect

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:04 pm

fine, If you're using vegas what you need to do is have your two clips. and Fade the end of your first clip into the beginning of your second clip. have the fade it be for abotu half a second to a second.. although how fast you want the zoom look to last (fast or slow) is controlled more or less by how much you fade into the second clip... ANYWAY.

Fade into your second clip, and on the first clip zoom in on whatever point on the picture.. works good if it's kinda going in a way that makes it look realistic but yah. just zoom in on the first clip and leave the second one be. You don't ACTUALLY zoom in, but with the fast zooming plus the next clip looking like it corresponds with the previous clip the eye is tricked into thinking you just did a quick zoom.. I hope that..makes sense :O

AThornInMyHeart
Org Profile

Post by AThornInMyHeart » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:10 pm

I use Sony Vegas 7.0

AThornInMyHeart
Org Profile

Post by AThornInMyHeart » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:11 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:fine, If you're using vegas what you need to do is have your two clips. and Fade the end of your first clip into the beginning of your second clip. have the fade it be for abotu half a second to a second.. although how fast you want the zoom look to last (fast or slow) is controlled more or less by how much you fade into the second clip... ANYWAY.

Fade into your second clip, and on the first clip zoom in on whatever point on the picture.. works good if it's kinda going in a way that makes it look realistic but yah. just zoom in on the first clip and leave the second one be. You don't ACTUALLY zoom in, but with the fast zooming plus the next clip looking like it corresponds with the previous clip the eye is tricked into thinking you just did a quick zoom.. I hope that..makes sense :O
Well.. I don't really get it but I'll try. Can you show me how you do it with pictures it'll really help. Thanks for telling me though.

floatuponourtears
Org Profile

Post by floatuponourtears » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:58 am

AThornInMyHeart wrote:
NerdStrudel wrote:fine, If you're using vegas what you need to do is have your two clips. and Fade the end of your first clip into the beginning of your second clip. have the fade it be for abotu half a second to a second.. although how fast you want the zoom look to last (fast or slow) is controlled more or less by how much you fade into the second clip... ANYWAY.

Well.. I don't really get it but I'll try. Can you show me how you do it with pictures it'll really help. Thanks for telling me though.
Assuming you know how to use the Pan/Crop tool, just create a fast zoom effect using it in the last few frames of your clip (you can add radial blur to make it look a little more "realistic"), than just cut to the next clip, it'll create the illusion of "zooming" into the clip.

AThornInMyHeart
Org Profile

Post by AThornInMyHeart » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:17 pm

floatuponourtears wrote:
AThornInMyHeart wrote:

Assuming you know how to use the Pan/Crop tool, just create a fast zoom effect using it in the last few frames of your clip (you can add radial blur to make it look a little more "realistic"), than just cut to the next clip, it'll create the illusion of "zooming" into the clip.
I dont quite get what you're saying

Return to “Effects & Techniques”