Akross Con 2007 (Finalists)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Re: Akross Con 2007 (Finalists)

Post by dreamawake » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:53 pm

Turbo wrote:27) Sayan Visual Studio - Spoil (Death Note / Celldweller - Last Firstborn)
..Fucking, Win.

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:41 pm

I so dig this. Some comments on the most interesting videos imo:

The video that most impressed me was Alexboy's In Aeternum, as I presumed. The OST from The Fountain (awsm movie) greatly enhances the atmosphere of the video. The motion was dynamic, the effects blended just right and the feelings left after the end of the video - unforgettable. I don't think this will be the winner, but it's clearly my favourite.

The most likely videos to fight for the first place are Another Day by Wormwood and Darius's Spoil as I see it. The videos are not my favorite style, but editing- and effectswise they just owned my ass. Both songs rulled, especially the one from Another Day. I would be grateful if someone helps me find this one. ^^

From a technical point of view Shephers's Collector is the best video imo, but I didn't like the video as a whole. The effects were awesome, but this is too abstract for me, having in mind I liked Silencio. :/ I take myself as a man who listens to ambient, but this could hardly make me stay 5 minutes in front of the PC.

I was pleasantly surprised by 3 other videos : So Far (wtf 5cmps with a song like this, I was amazed it turned out cool :O ), Seven Days (great horror amv with nifty scene selection) and Die and Let Live (if it wasn't for Spoil, I'd say this is the best Death Note AMV I've seen.)

Looking forward for the results. ^^

EDIT : http://www.akross.ru/data/contest/videos.html

Greggus1
Org Profile

Post by Greggus1 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:16 pm

Funky-kun wrote:The video that most impressed me was Alexboy's In Aeternum, as I presumed. The OST from The Fountain (awsm movie) greatly enhances the atmosphere of the video. The motion was dynamic, the effects blended just right and the feelings left after the end of the video - unforgettable. I don't think this will be the winner, but it's clearly my favourite.
This guy is just too good. He's so opposite to pretty much every russian editor out there, and I love it. You just can't deny a guy who's got the passion to back up his chops (unlike nearly everyone else on that list).

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:12 pm

*drools at the shiny, new Russian AMVs*

I think I have discovered one of the most kickass videos that used each of these series: sola, Code Geass, Higurashi, Shuffle, and MoonPhase.
ImageImage

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:25 pm

Russian Editors are so creative O: so far I've seen 2 really outstanding vids, still gotta check out some of the others..

and why the f*cking hell does Nostromos vid take 27 hours to download? x_x;

Turbo
is actually Jesus
Org Profile

Post by Turbo » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:56 am

2 editors SVS and Pokich asked not considering their videos as final release. They sent betas on the contest. The final release, I hope, will be available on ORG later, but before 31, December.

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:52 am

This just gets better and better :)

OMG I just figured out I missed Pokich's video, its brilliant! <3 Akross vids.

Return to “AMV Contests”