Project FMV MEP

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
-MD
Org Profile

Post by -MD » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:28 am

I can agree with Reda about the prince of persia. First track (nice idea but your sync was off) liked the idea though and think I get what you were trying to do. I liked the Resident Evil and FF8 track quite bit...forgot who did it :| The Xenosaga makes me want to checkin on playing the others. Over all pretty good. Over not bad.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:36 am

I've been waiting for this to get out! Another nice stocking stuffer!

*gets*

Orzmella
Org Profile

Post by Orzmella » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:18 am

Enjoyed the mix itself and overall it seemed worth watching :up:

DayWalker B.
Org Profile

Post by DayWalker B. » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:42 am

I'm gonna check this out; will edit later.

Edit: I liked this MEP. Some tracks were better than others and overall the visual quality was not that great; the audio mix was alright though. But I enjoyed this video nevertheless, I think you guys did a pretty nice job. 3.75/5 :up:
Last edited by DayWalker B. on Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omegaevolution
Org Profile

Post by omegaevolution » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:52 pm

that was really well done, good job to all people involved. Liked the mix a lot and the editing and usage of the FMVs was pretty good. Definitelly looking forward for the second one :D

faves:
- RE4 (it has Green stuff all over the place =O)
- Dirge of Cerberus (just loved it)

but overall I liked all the tracks :)
4/5
ImageImage

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:13 pm

RE4 track was the best.

'twas all good though, smooth transitions and such. Everything felt like it belonged. Nice work.

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:16 pm

Fav Track was prolly Scott's. Nice flow, nice sync, kewl consept.
The MEP in general was quiet enjoyable. I found Track 10 as my 2nd fav aswell :)

4/5 nice work guys :up:
ImageImageImage

ShatteredFlame
Org Profile

Post by ShatteredFlame » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:41 pm

I liked the RE4 and MGS tracks the best. Overall nice MEP :up:

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:56 pm

-Reda- wrote:I didn't see much even come close to resembling sync in there.
Interesting that you mention that, actually, because in the original version of that track, I synced to every single note of the violin. I was purposely oversyncing, because I think it's easier to remove cuts if it's a bit too much than add some if the sync is weak. My beta testers told me it was overkill, so I removed some, and the track you saw in the project was what I ended up with.

I was always pretty questionable with action editing anyway. :P
Metal Gear Solid one was nice too cept the video quality was shit.
For some reason, masterGT's track was one of my favorites, too. <3

Oh, and about the video quality... he told me early on that it wouldn't be good. Apparently MGS stuff can't be ripped, so if memory serves, he had to capture, and I'm pretty lenient with the folks that had to do that. Also, some folks (myself included) had to upscale their videos just to meet the 640 width. One of the downfalls of VG footage, unfortunately. However, most of the tracks had good lossless quality, so I thought I could keep the 640x480 as long as I kept it in h.264. A few suffered, like masterGT's, but it's always a toss up I guess. Small project resolution and great video quality or bigger res and one or two suffering tracks? *shrug* I went with what I thought was best overall.

To everyone else, thanks for the comments thus far. <3

- Jen

PS: heh. Probably a good thing that I'm not editing for the next project. Seems my track is getting less-than-stellar reception. :lol:

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:34 am

Hi folks XD now it's time for me to give comments ^_^
This mep is something I really looked for ever since I found the org
And GMVs are always appriciated by me

Intro
lol XD That's so awsome... The pics the names...
And that Leon pic fits me so well XD yay

Track 01
The last Onimusha I played was the third one. I never wanted to play Dawn of Dreams, it looked kinde boring next to the other ones...
There is a little disadvantage for you, because I heard the song pretty often <.<
Well still I liked the track, but yea a little more sync would have been awsm...
But still I like the mood you created there. But it wasn't that good to give me any interest in that game...

Track 02
Aerialesque kicks ASS.
FFVIII is still one of my fav games and you made me wanna play that game again with your track and that's the deal XD
It looks like most (or all) of the scene are taken from disc one of the game =P
Nevertheless I liked how you mixed up all sequences. This track is one of the ones I liked more XD

Track 03
My first Video Games were Resident Evil: Director's Cut and FFVII....
Resident Evil pwns and thx to all who liked my track so far XD
I'm really happy that I could ripp RE4.... Maybe I'm gonna upload my track seperatly if I get more good comment on it or if some people request it....
The last thing, maybe it's just me but I think the sync is a little of, maybe cause of the mp4 encode?

Track04
OMG that song is so fucking awsm XD
Your track sure pwns, the second half of your track is so awsm --- dissolves ftfw XD
lol I also played DoC, finished the game...
Your track is definetly also one of the better tracks XD

Track 05
<.< Xenosaga...I played the second one just a bit and now that I know the thrid won't be released in EU I'm not interested anymore...
Still Xenosaga had such a great plot and watching this track made me also wanna play the game @_@
That song is from a vg right I can't remember wich one right now (maybe xenosaga XD)..
Actually the first half of the track is better, I don't like those masks in the second part, though they looked kinda cool....
Maybe I can get my hands on PS2 Emulator and then I can play Xenosaga 3 somehow XD

Track 06
Well I played Prince of Persia (also copuld beat the game), but I don't really like the track...
Well it was a tad to long and is really reptative imo...
And I don't like that...sepia? filter you but on there <.<
Nevertheless it's not a bad track I just don't like it XD

Track 07
Zomg that game is so awsome, could be a little better with the story, but it's awsome. I couldn't beat it though I stopped playing pretty much before the endboss...<.< argh y did I do that, I think I gonna play that game again sometime...(and capture the scenes for a video, lol)
The only character I remembered was the one with the katana who always said "maggots" - I don't know his name anymore, but I liked him :P
That's GAckt song is also cool, I might say this is also one of the tracks I enjoied more, just because of the sources XD

Track 08
I never saw that game anywhere XD, but it looks really
I liked also this song and you made also a good job on your track
zomg short comment for you XD
You made me wanna check out that game....

Track 09
Zomg metal gear soldid and my bros track
This is also one of my fav tracks.
And I think the visual quality is quite neat even on my 22'' widescreen XD
lol we really had a hard time dealing with the avs for his track XD
Yes Jen MGS is not rippable because the gaming console creates the sequences while playing the game (I think that saves space or so on the games disc)
And well this is the best we could get without buying a new (expensive) capture card that can capture in lossless....
but anyways despite the quality the editing is better then mine imo, as always XD
I know that masterGT will disagree with me but I won't change my mind =P

Track 10
I haven't played KH2 and I am not in the mood to do so, though I played the first one...
I don't like those letterings in your track, I think it's ugly, despite that the track is pretty cool, but you made a better job on your DoC track XD

Outro
Hmm I have seen a similart layout in anotherones outro XD
lol, well it's simple and kewl....

Overall I liked the whole project, the song mix is great and the transitions in the Video are also great...
Jen you made a hawt job on this one....
I'm looking forward to the second one hopefully my audition will be good enough for you...
*goes to look for new games to rip...maybe Fatal Frame or Parasite Eve2*
Summary: That Mep is a must watch if you like Video Games

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”