Ending of Akira

Jamuson
Org Profile

Ending of Akira

Post by Jamuson » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:59 pm

i just read the entire akira series at my local bookstore...whew, what a ride. i think i understand the ending pretty well but by the time i finished my brain was kinda fuzzy. i would like to know what someone else thinks about the ending to be sure i got it right, or at least made the same mistake as someone else.
this is my sig it's stupid, just like me...

ssj_100
Org Profile

Post by ssj_100 » Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:30 pm

The ending was kind of confusing.....i didn't get it that well....what was the point of that light and what happened when that guy (the main character) was in there

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:32 pm

My take on it is this:
It was a sort of big bang that took the energy from Akira and the psychic energy and slipped into a different place. In effect it created a whole new universe and it's possible that the creation and destruction is always like that judging from how the DNA strands formed and left this 'dimension' (for lack of a better word) to create the cell to multi cell complex organism again like it did here in this world. I think it hints at this being how life begins. Of course you'd wonder how it ever began "in the first place " but I also think of life, creation and everything being like a mobius strip.

That and 42.....

That's my take on it. Someone else might have gotten something else totally. It makes sense though ^_^

The HentaiMaster
Org Profile

Post by The HentaiMaster » Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:30 am

i loved the beginig of akira it was great but then it gott messed up and the end made no sense but hey that is how all japanice anime are.
at the end tetso bolw up or sommething and then the 3 lil kids and akira united to make somme sort of new dimmension tetsuo died keneda and his girl survived and tokyo ended up with a bog hole in the middle.

That is wat i think
More things change more things stay the same

The HentaiMaster

Return to “General Anime”