VDubMod ; Lossless codecs

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
GH
Org Profile

VDubMod ; Lossless codecs

Post by GH » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:03 pm

Well..My vegas lags badly and I know what the problem is,I just try to deal with it,but its starting to piss me off lately.It's because I use DivX/XviD codecs in it,and I'm pritty sure if you convert them to a lossless codec like lagrinth or huffy for example,it won't lag at all...And i want to know how to make them a lagrinth or huffy in VDubMod,I currently dont have enough space to hold a large huffy/lagrinth file,But I want to know how to do it before hand..before i get my external I mean.So can someone give me some tips?

GH
Org Profile

Post by GH » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:04 pm

I just relized I might've put this in the wrong category,well..I consider VDubMod Video Hardware 8-)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:38 pm

Darkened Soul wrote:I just relized I might've put this in the wrong category,well..I consider VDubMod Video Hardware 8-)
Well, then what are it's physical dimensions and weight?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

GH
Org Profile

Post by GH » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:41 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Darkened Soul wrote:I just relized I might've put this in the wrong category,well..I consider VDubMod Video Hardware 8-)
Well, then what are it's physical dimensions and weight?
Ughh,where should've I put this?

surfsama
Org Profile

Vegas Lag

Post by surfsama » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:42 pm

How much memory does your compy have? I had a horrible lag problem with Vegas until I added an additional gig of memory.

If you don't have this already, this pack has all the codecs and VDM to convert files.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... mvapp.html

This guide is pretty informative:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... ubmod.html

Sorry for just referring to guides but I'm not very good at explaining "How to".

Good Luck.
Hide the Cheese Whiz

GH
Org Profile

Re: Vegas Lag

Post by GH » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:45 pm

Surfsnake wrote:How much memory does your compy have? I had a horrible lag problem with Vegas until I added an additional gig of memory.

If you don't have this already, this pack has all the codecs and VDM to convert files.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... mvapp.html

This guide is pretty informative:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... ubmod.html

Sorry for just referring to guides but I'm not very good at explaining "How to".

Good Luck.
Only 26.5 gigs left,yeah,of course I have AMVapp

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Re: VDubMod ; Lossless codecs

Post by Autraya » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:02 pm

Darkened Soul wrote:And i want to know how to make them a lagrinth or huffy in VDubMod,I currently dont have enough space to hold a large huffy/lagrinth file,
Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>
also you don't have to encode entire espisode (I only do that to sate my ePenis) you can encode specific sections of your source in vdub, and If imageshack and everything else wasn't blocked on this computer I'd link you to JaddziaDax's pretty picture showing you how.
new banzors in the making :p

Goketsu
Org Profile

Post by Goketsu » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:49 pm

hmm well i don't know how to fix that :/ but u could always ask quazza and if u get sick of ur version of vegas i think he can help u get vegas 8 :/

EvaFan
Org Profile

Re: Vegas Lag

Post by EvaFan » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:22 pm

When you use a lossless codec, compress to YUV or YV12 for smaller compression (seriously it halves the huge video files you've probably been getting). It's not COMPLETELY lossless but if you watch it against a RGB then you won't find a difference.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:36 pm

here's my pretty picture:
JaddziaDax wrote:open the video file in virtualdub mod go to video->compression->Huffyuv or Lagarith

then go to file->save

use those to mark the beginning and the end of the "clips" you want so you can save room
also go to streams -> stream list -> disable stream, that will save you even more space... make only the clips you want to use in the video :3

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”