Genshiken

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby Full Metal Sempai » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:42 am

Yarry wrote:Haha, just watched ep. 8, and I enjoyed it so much that I had to watch it again.

I love Ohno's reaction when Kuchiki begins to touch the cosplay-clothing :D

x2
"Summoned by the moon,commencing destruction."
Ohno totally freaked out!!
Full Metal Sempai

Postby Willen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:20 am

Full Metal Sempai wrote:"Summoned by the moon,commencing destruction."
Ohno totally freaked out!!

I loved that part and where Ogiue went from o_o to >_<. :D
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

Postby Full Metal Sempai » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:10 pm

Ep 9 is out.
Yet another golden episode.Suddenly,Genshiken has become able to combine both serious and funny sides.Given that I'll also graduate next year I'm placing myself in Sasahara's feet and it really feels awkard during job hunting.
On the fun side now,the quote "I prefer 2D" and "We'll fuck like bunnies" were the best moments of the ep.I truly feel sorry for Saki-chan!!! :D :D

Ssahara and Ogiue are gonna be the next pair if things go well.
And ep 10 has new characters coming so it's a must see!!
Full Metal Sempai

Postby Yarry » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:54 pm

Full Metal Sempai wrote:Ep 9 is out.
Yet another golden episode.Suddenly,Genshiken has become able to combine both serious and funny sides.Given that I'll also graduate next year I'm placing myself in Sasahara's feet and it really feels awkard during job hunting.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the guy.

Especially since Ogi-chin rejected him even without him having made a move yet :(

She's so evil-ish.
Yarry

Postby Full Metal Sempai » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:35 am

Yarry wrote:
Full Metal Sempai wrote:Ep 9 is out.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the guy.

Especially since Ogi-chin rejected him even without him having made a move yet :(

She's so evil-ish.

Well,we'll see how it'll work out.I have the feeling that in the end Sasahara will get Ogiue. 8-)
Full Metal Sempai

Postby Willen » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:49 am

Kasukabe gets Ogiue to admit she's creating "homo manga". :D

Although Kasukabe is misunderstanding the meaning or intent of Ogiue's Sasahara sketches, she's able to see that Kenji has some feelings for Chika.

Kousaka learning how to program in a month? That bastard!

Oooh, based on the preview, next episode is gonna be a hoot! And I hope that's his sister Keiko that Sasahara's walking with. I've kinda missed her this season.
[spoiler]She's actually supposed to have a bigger role as a supposed rival to Kasukabe for Kousaka's affections. But since her last appearance in season 1, she's not been seen again. Although she does appear more in the manga.[/spoiler]
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

Postby Willen » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:52 am

It's heavily implied before, but now it's official! Media Blasters has licensed Genshiken season 2 (plus Kujibiki Unbalance and the Genshiken OVAs).

Link: Media Blasters Goes with More Genshiken
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

Postby ZephyrStar » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:09 pm

I'd be seriously suprised if Ogiue didn't end up with Sasahara. She's just being all tsundere.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Full Metal Sempai » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:15 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:I'd be seriously suprised if Ogiue didn't end up with Sasahara. She's just being all tsundere.

x2

About ep10 now,all I can say is lol. :D :D
Most terribly spoken english I've ever heard.
Madarame and Sue stole the performance this time with lots of famous anime quotes.But still,the whole episode was about one thing,communication.
Full Metal Sempai

Postby blaku92 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:38 pm

:lol: Engrish!

Hmmmm. So that's how the Japanese think of us: Big boobs, blond hair, blue eyes, and big pouty lips?

They totally could have found Americans to dub those parts, but I really liked the slaughtered version.

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."
blaku92

Postby Willen » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:34 am

This episode needed more Sue. :lol:

Ogiue is getting trapped in a corner with her Mada x Sasa yaoi doujinshi. She should just 'fess up and show the involved parties the finished work. They are going to know about it eventually anyways.

I was surprised that of all the seiyuu speaking English, Satsuki Yukino (Saki Kasukabe) did the best job. I don't remember how well she did when she played Tina Foster in Ai Yori Aoshi, but in this episode, she spoke English better than the seiyuu that played the roles of native English speaking characters.

And Kuchiki seems scared of the foreign otaku. He didn't make an appearance in the clubroom at all this episode. I was surprised.
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

Postby Willen » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:02 am

Interesting.

Episode 11 comments:
[spoiler]Sue is hilarious.

Ogiue spends a whole lot of time in this episode blushing.

Ogiue bans Sasahara (and I assume all male members of Genshiken) from seeing the contents of her Mugi x Sen yaoi doujin. In fact, even touching it invokes a curse.

Ooh! Ogiue is having a reaction toward Sasahara! /squee!

"Sign please." I guess Sasahara and Madarame are cursed now.
"This page is awesome. Real hardcore." :lol:

Fanservice time! The gang go to a hot springs bath after ComiFest.

Sue says one of Konata's lines from Lucky Star! :lol:

I guess Sue is now Ogiue's number one fan. :D

Whoa, I can't believe that they censored the Japanese translation text but don't censor Angela's speaking lines. :shock:

No sign of Kuchiki and Kasukabe. Or Kugayama, but that's not unexpected.[/spoiler]

The English speaking was a bit better this time, although there was one glaring error.
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

Postby Yarry » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:35 am

Willen wrote:The English speaking was a bit better this time, although there was one glaring error.

I hate the fact that they even try. Their bad english really screws up the whole series imo. God.
Yarry

Postby ZephyrStar » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:04 pm

Yarry wrote:
Willen wrote:The English speaking was a bit better this time, although there was one glaring error.

I hate the fact that they even try. Their bad english really screws up the whole series imo. God.

but it's. so. epic.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby celibi87 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:27 am

The way they were speaking in the preview made me think the next episode will be the last of G2....
celibi87

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion