P&P RPG stories?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:17 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:I'm trying to get the whole being a mean GM thing down - I think I need more practice.
The goal isn't to be mean to your players, it's to be evil. If you're just mean to your players, that's not enjoyable. But when you're evil, everyone has fun!

:uhoh:
I meant it more as a counter-point to "nice," but i suppose my word choice betrayed my intent. Evil is fun - it's difficult in a system that's so broken as this one is... i pretty much only have save or die shit at my disposal - half my players laugh at damage that isn't in the 60+ range and the other half die from that in 1 hit - the campaign is turning more ability-drain focused though... PCs love their dark (necromancers/liches/etc.) nemesis.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:30 pm

Ok - so, the game is progressing in a fun direction, but i kinda feel i'm screwing my players over with the loots i give them, so i'm coming up with interesting loot that will be fun if they decide to use it. By interesting, i'm going for more funny themed weapons as jokes.

Ness Bat - Thundering, Flaming Burst, Earthbound Greatclub

Any other suggestions?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:15 pm

The u-tube sword of doom. It's low quality and it's really really hard to get your timing right when using it, however for some reason many people value it highly and it can sell for far more than you'd think it's worth.

The magical sword fence. Most D&D worlds have such heavy concentrations of magic that it's easy to get dozens of +1 swords. So a retired adventurer is left to wonder what to do with them all. How about make a nice picket fence with em?

The bag of boners. You probably don't want to stick your hand in the bag and you definately don't want to question what that liquid dripping out of it is. Guaranteed source of protein though and for the adventure far from civilization with limited food supplies that might be important.

The portable goats hole. Just grab both sides and pull wide open. Basically equal to a portable hole.

Speaking of portability, try giving the portable hoe

Return to “General Discussion”