AMV Announcements Rules (please read before posting)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Neiro
Org Profile

Post by Neiro » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:13 pm

Hi and thanks but I have a problem with putting my video in the catalog. It is said that I have to put my video link so i'm copy the link of my video, which is on you tube, and past it but its said that theres an error:
ERROR: Link is not valid: 200 - OK

Common Problems:
* Protocal required: http://, https://, ftp://
* No closing / at the end of a directory:
http://www.site.com/video/directory should be http://www.site.com/video/directory/
* You just typed the name in wrong. :-)
Please, can someone help me? Sorry for bothering you :oops:

GH
Org Profile

Post by GH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:18 pm

you tube
..Theirs your problem,it has to be on the Org,not youtube,and you only put the last numbers on the VidID tag :O

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:39 pm

they are trying to link to yout<a></a>ube on their video profile...
and the reason is we don't allow streaming sites to be linked in the download area, if you don't want to upload it to the org, you can upload it to your own server (non-streaming) and link to the file there...

use DIRECT if you are linking directly to the file itself, and use indirect if you have to go through another web page to get to it.

GH
Org Profile

Post by GH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:49 pm

they are trying to link to yout<a></a>ube on their video profile...
Ooh,I see.

TerraRose
Org Profile

Re: AMV Announcements Etiquette (please read before posting)

Post by TerraRose » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:09 pm

I have a question... After reading the rules for posting on the Org... I uploaded a couple of simple AMVs I did to YouXTube a couple years ago. I actually DIDN'T want to post them here as I was afraid. But I just went to check on them and it was an evil little SoB and muted my AMV, and I can't even figure out how to delete it because what's the point of an AMV without music? So I decided "Hey, why don't I put it on the Org now that I've finally gotten into the forums and see more about the community?" But the entry protocol has worried me
Please note that editing video information becomes limited when all of the following criteria are met:

* the entry has a premiere date
* the premiere date is more than 14 days in the past
* the date the video information was first entered into the system is more than 14 days in the past
* the date available is in the past
* the entry has anime listed
* the entry has music listed
Is that just for editing information and or is there a problem uploading an older video that has been online a while to the org? I don't want to break any rules or anything... I've got myself an offsite dl for the videos already I just want to get them off YouXTube for ruining them and allow them to be downloaded and stuff ... :oops:
Terra, the Lazy Artist
~~ Comments Appreciated ~~
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
"I'm not Crazy I'm just a little unwell,
I know right now you just can't tell."

Unwell - Matchbox 20

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:05 pm

It is just for editing information. i.e. the anime used in an amv should never change, so once everything that is listed in your quote is met it won't be changeable. You will still be able to edit the video notes(comments) after the information is locked.

Videos can be uploaded regardless of whether the information is locked or not.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Appended 17 July 2007:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, collect them all in one post. (if you forget one, you can edit your post) It is unfair to those who spend months on making a video if someone makes 10 new announce threads and monopolizes the front page of the Announcement forum.
What should I do if I want to release like... 1 AMV every week for... 10+ weeks?
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Post by Vax » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Well, the rule is one per week. So you can release those videos each week. Which I'm guessing is fine.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Phantasmagoriat wrote:What should I do if I want to release like... 1 AMV every week for... 10+ weeks?
I'm guessing you should get some friends and a life.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:08 pm

godix wrote:
Phantasmagoriat wrote:What should I do if I want to release like... 1 AMV every week for... 10+ weeks?
I'm guessing you should get some friends and a life.
didn't see that one coming :roll: lol
Anyways, let me ask a different question then:

Would it be ok to put them all in one thread?
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”