AMV Announcements Etiquette (please read before posting)

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

AMV Announcements Etiquette (please read before posting)

Postby paizuri » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:24 pm

If you are posting a video announcement, links to the video profile of the announced video are appreciated, in addition to your description of the video.

If you are responding to a video announcement, please try to make constructive comments. If you think the video is bad, tell the creator what is wrong with it and how it could be made better. If you didn't bother watching the video, then perhaps you should keep your comments to yourself.

People become better through practice and experience, but peer support and advice can accelerate that improvement. For all you jaded and cynical creators out there, don't forget that at one time or another you were new to editing also.

Appended 12 March 2007:
  • Also, please reserve your announcement posts to videos that have entries in the catalog. We do not mind if the video link you provide is offsite, but please at least have entered the video into our catalog which is the reason for this site to exist. We will start locking threads that don't meet this minimum criteria.

Appended 17 July 2007:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, collect them all in one post. (if you forget one, you can edit your post) It is unfair to those who spend months on making a video if someone makes 10 new announce threads and monopolizes the front page of the Announcement forum.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.
paizuri

Postby Tash » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:28 pm

Damn thread is gonna be taking up space for ever :D
Tash

Postby paizuri » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:32 pm

Yes, yes it is. 8)
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.
paizuri

Attention Attention!!!

Postby paizuri » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:55 am

Also, please reserve your announcement posts to videos that have entries in the catalog. We do not mind if the video link you provide is offsite, but please at least have entered the video into our catalog which is the reason for this site to exist.
paizuri

Re: Attention Attention!!!

Postby Corran » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:42 pm

paizuri wrote:Also, please reserve your announcement posts to videos that have entries in the catalog. We do not mind if the video link you provide is offsite, but please at least have entered the video into our catalog which is the reason for this site to exist.

Update: We will start locking threads that don't meet this minimum criteria.
Corran

Postby dokidoki » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:02 pm

See new note in first post.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki
Free games! (some left) // "Anybody want a pizza roll?"
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y

Re: Attention Attention!!!

Postby Ikore » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:47 pm

paizuri wrote:Also, please reserve your announcement posts to videos that have entries in the catalog. We do not mind if the video link you provide is offsite, but please at least have entered the video into our catalog which is the reason for this site to exist.

Wow really... cool how do i put something in the catalog?
SING! Never mind the words!!!
Ikore

Postby Kariudo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:31 pm

by going to your members main page and clicking on the button that says enter new video <-(that link will do the same thing)
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby Neiro » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Hi, i'm new here and I am putting my amv on the catalog but do I have to create a new thread for it? I mean, when I will want to put it here that you guys can chek it out or there is already a special thread for that?
Neiro

Postby JaddziaDax » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:53 pm

How to make a Thread in this forum: (etiquette)
Click the "new topic" button

put in a subject in the subject line

and in the body you want to link to your video, preferably using the Vidid tag.
Give a brief description of your video (or long one if you prefer).
It helps sometimes if you state what kind of feedback you want, though it isn't required.
And a lot of people like to add an "Announcement Poster/Graphic" to their posts, these are also not required, but it will likely get you more downloads if you have a pretty photoshopped picture to go with it all.

then click "preview" to make sure it looks how you want it then click "submit"
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Neiro » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:13 pm

Hi and thanks but I have a problem with putting my video in the catalog. It is said that I have to put my video link so i'm copy the link of my video, which is on you tube, and past it but its said that theres an error:

ERROR: Link is not valid: 200 - OK

Common Problems:
* Protocal required: http://, https://, ftp://
* No closing / at the end of a directory:
http://www.site.com/video/directory should be http://www.site.com/video/directory/
* You just typed the name in wrong. :-)

Please, can someone help me? Sorry for bothering you :oops:
Neiro

Postby GH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:18 pm

you tube

..Theirs your problem,it has to be on the Org,not youtube,and you only put the last numbers on the VidID tag :O
GH

Postby JaddziaDax » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:39 pm

they are trying to link to yout<a></a>ube on their video profile...
and the reason is we don't allow streaming sites to be linked in the download area, if you don't want to upload it to the org, you can upload it to your own server (non-streaming) and link to the file there...

use DIRECT if you are linking directly to the file itself, and use indirect if you have to go through another web page to get to it.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby GH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:49 pm

they are trying to link to yout<a></a>ube on their video profile...

Ooh,I see.
GH

Re: AMV Announcements Etiquette (please read before posting)

Postby TerraRose » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:09 pm

I have a question... After reading the rules for posting on the Org... I uploaded a couple of simple AMVs I did to YouXTube a couple years ago. I actually DIDN'T want to post them here as I was afraid. But I just went to check on them and it was an evil little SoB and muted my AMV, and I can't even figure out how to delete it because what's the point of an AMV without music? So I decided "Hey, why don't I put it on the Org now that I've finally gotten into the forums and see more about the community?" But the entry protocol has worried me
Please note that editing video information becomes limited when all of the following criteria are met:

* the entry has a premiere date
* the premiere date is more than 14 days in the past
* the date the video information was first entered into the system is more than 14 days in the past
* the date available is in the past
* the entry has anime listed
* the entry has music listed

Is that just for editing information and or is there a problem uploading an older video that has been online a while to the org? I don't want to break any rules or anything... I've got myself an offsite dl for the videos already I just want to get them off YouXTube for ruining them and allow them to be downloaded and stuff ... :oops:
Terra, the Lazy Artist
~~ Comments Appreciated ~~
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
"I'm not Crazy I'm just a little unwell,
I know right now you just can't tell."

Unwell - Matchbox 20
TerraRose

Next

Return to AMV Announcements