Moola.com fun waste of time, good buisness model

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Topstar_Productions
Org Profile

Moola.com fun waste of time, good buisness model

Post by Topstar_Productions » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 am

If you havn't heard of the latest internet craze, Moola.com, basically what it is is a series of 1v1 java games where you bet money... but the trick is you don't pay for anything the website gives you money and you can keep doubling it and you can cash out at anytime. (and you don't have to bet all your accrued money either.)

So the way they make their money is through an affiliation program and making you watch a commercial before each game. It must be doing well cause in 1 month they've got ten times as many companies advertising with them. It's still in the beta phase so you need an invite.

http://www.moola.com:80/moopubs/b2b/exc ... 4e54513d-2

This is my refferal link, anyone who's interested can use it.

I think it's a fun way to waste time, between projects.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:08 am

Um... Wow. :shock:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:48 am

Sounds kinda fishy but at least enough to grab my interest. Too bad I despise java though. Seems that any time java runs in firefox it leads to it completely locking up.

Topstar_Productions
Org Profile

Post by Topstar_Productions » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:43 pm

Zarxrax wrote:Sounds kinda fishy but at least enough to grab my interest. Too bad I despise java though. Seems that any time java runs in firefox it leads to it completely locking up.

I don't have any problem with it in Firefox... and yeah I thought it sounded fishy too but it's actually legit. I'm in a buisness program at college and that's how I heard about it, plus several friends have got payouts from it and all the sponsors are well known reputable companies (best buy, ford, kraft etc).

If you think of it, all they need to do is make more then 1 cent per a game on ads to turn a profit, that's what makes their business model so genius.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:04 pm

I have a friend who's been trying to get me into Moola for a long time now.

Me: Why don't you just play a real god damn game instead?
Him: You don't make money from those games.
Me: How much have you made from Moola up until now?
Him: I could cash out now and get ten bucks.
Me: How much have you made from Moola up until now?
Him: I could ca-
Me: I'm going back to Street Fighter. Guilty Gear still sucks.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Return to “General Discussion”