Project FMV: Official Thread (released!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:24 pm

It's on the way soon 8D;; Unfortunately not today because I have 3 prototype CD projects due in class tomorrow (haven't started whut), but after class I'll render the final and get it sent. Sorry~! It's coming! :3;;

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:13 am

that means three people remain.....

Can´t wait for the final....

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:18 am

Updates?

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:04 pm

Hey, i really have been swamped with schoolwork - mainly VCE exams (final year of school before Uni etc) - I was hoping to be finished before the exam-period but it just never eventuated. I'm not too far off finishing though - however i won't even consider working on it until after the exam period - which ends on the 16th of November.

i still have:
+Maths (Short Answer) - tomorrow (6th)
+Literature - thursday (7th)
+Studio Arts (14th)
+History (15th)

So i'm studying as much as i can...

I hope this is a good excuse... I hate stretching friendships like this.
I feel v-bad so i apologise x10.

I'll buy you a gift one day Jen.
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not dead or anything. I have been paying attention to the last few posts. Thing is, I just didn't have much to say and I didn't want to run about making useless posts before I could offer some concrete information. So here's the overall status of the project:

Intro: three-quarters finished. I can't quite finish it until I know for sure if I'm getting something from the last few participants. On that note...

Body: bluetrain has already said that he is mostly finished, so I'll wait for him. (Sorry I didn't say this beforehand, but I hope your exams went well and good luck on the one you still have to take). For the other two, they were given a two week ultimatum to get their segments in. OropherZero decided to politely back out of this project, and I don't blame him, as I have the same sentiments of, "It's better to back out than to hand in a half-assed, rushed track and feel bad about it afterwards." Hopefully he'll consider getting on board with the next project instead. IcyCloud is a variable. She said she'd try to get in a track, but could not guarantee it. (She's extremely busy with important school stuff, so again, I don't blame her.) If she hands in something, terrific. If not, then Take-chan will (hopefully) amend the song mix to remove the two dead sections - one dead section if it's only Oropher's track cut out (sorry about the extra work, sweetheart v_v ).

Outro: sayde said that it's impossible to start on the outro until all of the segments are in, but assured me that it will only take a few hours to edit it once he's got them. I'll be finishing up the intro at the same time as he's doing his part.

Project Beta: it'll take me a couple of days to put together the whole project after the intro and outro are finished, but once that's done, I'll be distributing a final beta of the entire thing via PM to the participants. For filesize reasons, I'll be dropping the resolution a bit. What I'll basically want to know at that time is if any weird compression issues occurred in your segments, if everything is timed correctly, and if you have any complaints about the information in the intro/outro. General technical stuff, more or less.

If there's anything else I haven't addressed, as always, let me know. I can't give you an exact date of when this will be released, but with any luck, it will be shortly after Thanksgiving or at the start of December. Hope that answers everything.

- Jen

masterGT
Org Profile

Post by masterGT » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:49 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:...If there's anything else I haven't addressed, as always, let me know. I can't give you an exact date of when this will be released, but with any luck, it will be shortly after Thanksgiving or at the start of December. Hope that answers everything.
- Jen
Great news.
I'm anxious to the final release.
It's a great pity that they can't finish their tracks, but I can unterstand it cause I also have exams right now, and it's difficult to create a good track with so much things to learn. So I'll keep my fingers crossed for the last tracks and the final mixing!

~tom

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:56 am

It's a great pity that they can't finish their tracks
~tom
Much apoligies, not just to you and Jen but to everyone. I really did try to get it done before exams but the time i had planned to do it was totally swallowed up by a combination of overdue work, due work and a massive Studio Arts Installation which i had to create.
I should've given more warning - but really i was just so darn busy i disconnected my internet so it wouldn't distract me for 2 or so weeks... that was hard...
....hard times...

But i finished my last exam today - i'll begin editting as soon as the celebrational parties etc are over. I aim to have this done before the start of december - and should easily be able to do that with the amount of free time i have left - without the void that is school and study.

Thank you to everyone for their patience - but yeah i can understand while you're all disappointed... there's always someone who delays a MEP.... *my bad*
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:13 pm

Heya, bluetrain... was wondering how things are going. Let me know as soon as possible, alrighty?

- Jen

MioMug
Org Profile

Post by MioMug » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:30 pm

Do we know the current status of the MEP?

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:35 pm

I'm on it.

IcyCloud been super busy with some important stuff, and I suspect she hasn't been able to edit anything. She didn't respond to my last PM, so I figure it's a pretty safe bet to say she's out of the project.

I just PM'd bluetrain. He has until the weekend to respond.

Basically, no matter what, by Monday I should be able to tell you with finality how long it's going to be until release.

- Jen

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”