Evel Knievel died

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Evel Knievel died

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:18 am

It's pretty amazing I suppose that he lived as long as he did, managing to survive all of his crashes and such :|

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:21 am

That's something I don't get - he's famous for being a daredevil but most of his 'famous' stunts (at least the ones sourced in the articles I've read) seemed to end in crashes that involved comas, broken bones, or other serious injuries.

So basically he sucked at what he actually intended to do and everyone is hero-worshipping him because by some strange coincidence he managed to avoid Darwin's cruel hand of fate.

...more or less.

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:13 am

No one likes an over-achiever...

They worshipped him because he was a lunatic who broke himself so often but still got back up and started jumping schoolbuses again as soon as he'd healed. That's the American spirit!

... :roll:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:53 pm

I'm sad too.

I just expected him to die in a more.... Interesting... Way.

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:09 pm

Yeah, same here.

Have no fear though. At his funeral, I hear they're going to strap wheels and rockets to his casket and launch him off a ramp over twenty parked hearses, then land in his grave.

It is sad though.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:41 pm

dokool wrote:everyone is hero-worshipping him because by some strange coincidence he managed to avoid Darwin's cruel hand of fate.
On one hand yes, as I think to some extent almost everyone has a morbid curiosity about death, and just how he managed to survive some of his crashes (especially the fountain jump at Caesars Palace).

On the other hand though, I think you sort of have to admire the bastard's tenacity to keep on peforming even after his horrendous crashes. (although you can't really admire the fact that he assaulted and almost killed a man with a baseball bat :uhoh: )
Copycat_Revolver wrote:Have no fear though. At his funeral, I hear they're going to strap wheels and rockets to his casket and launch him off a ramp over twenty parked hearses, then land in his grave.

The casket would probably crash :o

EDIT: Apparently there's an Evel Knievel Rock Opera that opened a few months ago Image

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:44 am

Copycat_Revolver wrote:No one likes an over-achiever...

They worshipped him because he was a lunatic who broke himself so often but still got back up and started jumping schoolbuses again as soon as he'd healed. That's the American spirit!

... :roll:
That and the fact that he had a kick-ass nickname.

I saw this news item in my local newspaper and the blurb was worded in such a way that I thought he actually died in a motorcycle crash. I was kinda disappointed when I actually read the story and found out he died from illness (although it's possible that the conditions were related to his old injuries). :/
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:14 am

Tsunami Jones wrote:although you can't really admire the fact that he assaulted and almost killed a man with a baseball bat
You can't? Really? Fuck, the world is taking away everything I consider heroic.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:33 pm

godix wrote:You can't? Really? Fuck, the world is taking away everything I consider heroic.
You see godix, the key word was almost. He failed! :O

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:52 am

Tsunami Jones wrote:
godix wrote:You can't? Really? Fuck, the world is taking away everything I consider heroic.
You see godix, the key word was almost. He failed! :O
I find it's better if they live. That way they have years consider whatever it is they did to piss you off while they sit in their wheelchair unable to move anything from the neck down. That's one fucker that won't be using shatter & lens flare at the same time again...

Return to “General Discussion”