Genshiken

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Yarry
Org Profile

Post by Yarry » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:44 am

Willen wrote:Episode 6 is another winner!
Spoiler :
The tables are turned on Ogiue: the guys start talking about eroges (hentai games) and it leads to a conversation about her and eventually what kind of character she would be in an eroge. And unlike Ogiue's yaoi fantasy about the Genshiken guys where the real-life models don't (so far) know about the existence of the story, this time the subject is around to overhear the fiction as it's being formulated. Remember, curiosity killed the cat... ;)

Ohno is slowly pushing Ogiue to admit to also being a yaoi-loving otaku. I'm beginning to believe that she's enjoying getting a rise out of Ogiue. What a scary face Kanako!

You know that this is Ohno's tough-love, and like everyone else want's Ogiue to open up about her otaku nature. Ogiue and Ohno would be great friends if Chika would just admit to herself and everyone else that she is also an otaku.

Ogiue's reactions to being in the sea of otaku and embarrassed expressions are so adorable. Especially when she lapses into using her tohoku accent. The ending scene with Ogiue blushing (even the tops of her ears were red!), stammering and switching accents was sooooooo cute.
Looks like we're in for some drama next episode...
I agree, this episode rocked :D

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:13 am

Hell yeah,ep6 continues the ultimate laughter of ep5 but this time it does it in a more serious approach.Ogiue is yet again the subject of humiliation...
Can't wait for ep7 now!! 8-) 8-)

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:18 am

Episode 7, more than the previous episodes, is very character-driven.

Three members graduate and leave Genshiken so it's kind of a melancholy episode. The series is definitely shifting it's focus now.

Don't worry, there's still some hilarious comedy.

I died laughing when Kasukabe off-handedly suggested to Ohno about accepting the Chairman position and making Genshiken into a cosplay research club. Ohno's reaction and that of Kasukabe and Ogiue were awesome.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:11 pm

Willen wrote:Episode 7, more than the previous episodes, is very character-driven.

Three members graduate and leave Genshiken so it's kind of a melancholy episode. The series is definitely shifting it's focus now.

Don't worry, there's still some hilarious comedy.

I died laughing when Kasukabe off-handedly suggested to Ohno about accepting the Chairman position and making Genshiken into a cosplay research club. Ohno's reaction and that of Kasukabe and Ogiue were awesome.
Well,the anime would become a bit serious now.Finishing university,entering society,finding a job...it's a slash of life anime after all though the comedy parts are just gold.I kinda want to see what awaits the finale of the anime for Ogiue most of all and secondly Ohno.

Yarry
Org Profile

Post by Yarry » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:27 pm

Haha, just watched ep. 8, and I enjoyed it so much that I had to watch it again.

I love Ohno's reaction when Kuchiki begins to touch the cosplay-clothing :D

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:42 am

Yarry wrote:Haha, just watched ep. 8, and I enjoyed it so much that I had to watch it again.

I love Ohno's reaction when Kuchiki begins to touch the cosplay-clothing :D
x2
"Summoned by the moon,commencing destruction."
Ohno totally freaked out!!

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:20 am

Full Metal Sempai wrote:"Summoned by the moon,commencing destruction."
Ohno totally freaked out!!
I loved that part and where Ogiue went from o_o to >_<. :D
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:10 pm

Ep 9 is out.
Yet another golden episode.Suddenly,Genshiken has become able to combine both serious and funny sides.Given that I'll also graduate next year I'm placing myself in Sasahara's feet and it really feels awkard during job hunting.
On the fun side now,the quote "I prefer 2D" and "We'll fuck like bunnies" were the best moments of the ep.I truly feel sorry for Saki-chan!!! :D :D

Ssahara and Ogiue are gonna be the next pair if things go well.
And ep 10 has new characters coming so it's a must see!!

Yarry
Org Profile

Post by Yarry » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:54 pm

Full Metal Sempai wrote:Ep 9 is out.
Yet another golden episode.Suddenly,Genshiken has become able to combine both serious and funny sides.Given that I'll also graduate next year I'm placing myself in Sasahara's feet and it really feels awkard during job hunting.
Yeah, I feel sorry for the guy.

Especially since Ogi-chin rejected him even without him having made a move yet :(

She's so evil-ish.

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:35 am

Yarry wrote:
Full Metal Sempai wrote:Ep 9 is out.
Yeah, I feel sorry for the guy.

Especially since Ogi-chin rejected him even without him having made a move yet :(

She's so evil-ish.
Well,we'll see how it'll work out.I have the feeling that in the end Sasahara will get Ogiue. 8-)

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”