gobbles

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

gobbles

Post by downwithpants » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:54 am

how was your dinners? eat anything special besides the traditional turkey mashed potatoes and stuffing?

i had a turkey dinner from boston market. my coworker laughed at me when i told her i was gonna have that. but dammit it was good. only 50$ and it fed 10 people pretty well - i was at mom and dad's home with aunt, uncle, grandma, cousin and her family. we had chinese hot pot after. it was good too. cowboys-jets wasn't even a competition. my dad and cousin's kids were torturing my cat, who won't come out from hiding now. i fell asleep on the couch for a good hour. :up:
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:02 am

This Thanksgiving gets a definite :down: from me.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:10 am

In my house we don't do turkey, believe it or not. We do ham. And it was good, and we have a lot of it left. I shall eat well for the week before I leave for Korea. :3
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:24 am

My turkey was mostly liquid, wild, and 101.

Thanksgiving sucks.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:55 am

Canada. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:04 am

Otohiko wrote:Canada. :roll:
HEY! we had turkey.. It just wasn't today :P

Vlad

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:28 am

Mmm, roast turkey.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:52 am

for the 3rd year in a row it was just me and john... and we made our own turkey and it was good..

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:07 pm

Went to an expensive restaurant because nobody that wasn't working the night before wanted to cook. I was with my grandfather whom just had heart surgery and is playing it up for all it's worth (he has a serious problem with not being the center of attention all the time) and the whole thing was just uncomfortable. I'm actually doing a thanksgiving part 2 today at home though - most of the stuff we're eating is going to be new recipes my father wants to try out. It's nice, and i appreciate it and all, but I'm so swamped with work that i don't have the time to really be spending here - deadlines are shit.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:46 pm

Teh Family invaded my house. -_-

5-6 Hours Cooking + 5 Hours Guests + 1 Day Cleanup + Realtivies Staying Over & Wrecking My Room/House + 1 DVD Broken = One hell of a :down:

No, seriously, this Thanksgiving sucked for me. I slept on the couch last night, and didn't have acess to my room until my releatives left this morning.

The idiots staying in my room went through my PC, looking at photos and junk, and had the gall to delete them, calling me a "satanic worshipping Japanese hilter" (those were the exact words). My uncle (one of the two looking through the pc), kicked over my DVD shelf (on "accident), and stepped on my "Ah My Goddess Volume 6 DVD". It's broken :(

So, all in all, I am thankful for the fact that I will not be living at home next thanksgiving, and I can enjoy a nice dormitory lunch. ^_^

Return to “General Discussion”