I learned something about myself today

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

I learned something about myself today

Post by godix » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:47 am

A few things I just noticed while playing Civilization IV

1) If my government is a republic or democracy and it gets annoying I have no qualms about changing it to some form of dictatorship.

2) Diplomacy is not an option. Diplomacy is nothing but an annoyance as other civilizations pester me. If another civilization has something I want then they will give it to me for free or I will take it by military force.

3) In war I don't care how many of the enemies civilians I kill.

4) In war I don't care how many of my own troops I kill. Losing a unit is nothing more than a minor annoyance as I have to replace it.

5) Some times I declare war for no other reason than I think I can easily beat another civilization.

6) I'm often wrong in thinking I can easily beat them and end up spend large amounts of production, money, and effort fighting.

7) I barely notice when my citizens become unhappy and riot. Unless they affect production. Then I notice and build a church since religion is the key to keeping peons in line.

8) If given a choice to research something like medicine that will improve my citizens life or something like advanced weaponry I will pick weaponry every time. I don't even understand how anyone could not do so.

9) Once I take over a city by force they damn well better listen to me. If they don't they will be punished. Usually by resource shortages (like food) until enough population has died off to make the city manageable.

10) There doesn't need to be a single artist in my entire civilization and I certainly don't need to use government resources to promote the arts.

11) If someone else has uranium and is about to develop nuclear material I will declare war on them. Trying other methods to prevent nuclear proliferation falls under the 'diplomacy is not an option' point.

12) I became ruler without winning an election or showing any real merit. No matter how badly I fuck up I will remain ruler.

In other words, I just realized that I am George Bush.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:01 am

I've always said computer games are educational...

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:36 am

The only thing I ever learned from a Sid Meier game was that if black people had figured out capitalism first, we'd all be fucked.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:46 pm

Video games taught me something to. I show little to no emotion when confronted with a problem that i can't solve. I just stare till I figure it out. LOL. Seriously, In Deus Ex2 I couldn't get past one guard that always killed me. I was like "I can do this ....but how...?" It took me half a hour to figure out how to get the little bastard.

Also, video games taught me i suck at video games.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:55 pm

Now play something more hardcore than civ you bastard :uhoh:

(/obnoxious wargame elitist)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:14 pm

Yeah, Alpha Centauri is totally more hardcore than Civ.

I'm going to go pick the fleas out of Oto's hair now.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:03 pm

Otohiko wrote:Now play something more hardcore than civ you bastard :uhoh:

(/obnoxious wargame elitist)
Like <a href="http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/defa ... ">these</a>?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:24 pm

George Bush isn't smart enough to install civilization.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:53 pm

video games
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:02 am

13 global warming is good if you build pressure domes and sink your enemies' cities.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Return to “General Discussion”