Beowulf (the movie)

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Beowulf (the movie)

Post by Tsunami Jones » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:42 pm

A friend had some free passes so I got to see it last night (in 3-D). It was pretty sweet, and the 3-D didn't suck like I expected it to. It was actually pretty fun, once the audience actually got over the fact that it was in 3-D and shut up.

But yeah. The action is pretty awesome. Beowulf jumping from sea serpent to sea serpent and then getting swallowed whole only to cut his way out through its eye is EPIC. :up:

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:49 pm

In before Beo's 'every thread is about me' post.

Topstar_Productions
Org Profile

Post by Topstar_Productions » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:44 pm

Is it fairly faithful to the source material? I read the epic (rendered in modern english)... and would love to see that.

Not like the Beowulf movie with Chris Lambert or even the one that came out a couple years back.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:56 pm

Topstar_Productions wrote:Is it fairly faithful to the source material? I read the epic (rendered in modern english)... and would love to see that.
Um, sort of. It's been a while since I've read Beowulf, but from what I can recall, the part with Grendel is mostly on. After that though from what I remember, not really.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:25 am

Beowulf rocks, first book ever written, and its about some gigantic badass carving demons in twain :up:

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:51 pm

JESSICA ALBA IS FUCKING HOT IN 3D.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:25 pm

guy07 wrote:JESSICA ALBA IS FUCKING HOT IN 3D.
JESSICA ALBA ISN'T IN THE MOVIE.

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:19 pm

guy07 wrote:JESSICA ALBA IS FUCKING HOT IN 3D.
What you got a thing for polygon graphic women? You sick son of a..

Serv0
Org Profile

Post by Serv0 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:00 am

Topstar_Productions wrote:Is it fairly faithful to the source material? I read the epic (rendered in modern english)... and would love to see that.

Not like the Beowulf movie with Chris Lambert or even the one that came out a couple years back.
Well I should say the movie does the original source material justice. In the film world you want to tell a good story, not a loyal story that sacrifices the quality of the overall film. However, the original Beowulf is one giant poem. A telling of alliterations, anglo-saxon mythology, christian symbolism, and classic cliches.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:15 am

I was rather disappointed by the movie. What the hell is with this recent cinematography notion that shaking the camera about is action sync. That's just fucking pissing me off because your supposed to be filming what's going on, not putting the viewer in a position that his head is shaking so hard that it'd cause some sort of damage. I could have just watched somebody play Lair again, including the 'camera pans two miles when your winning'.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Return to “General Discussion”