Totally new at this...

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
philosofee
Org Profile

Totally new at this...

Post by philosofee » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:08 pm

Hello, so yeah I am having some trouble with making an AMV considering I have never used a video program and while trying the first step of the process it won't work. So here go my questions so far:

1. When trying to import an anime from my computer to Movie maker this error popped up:
Ouran High School Host Club - 07 [CADE3E15].avi could not be imported. The required codec was not downloaded automatically because the Download codecs automatically check box is not selected in the Options dialog box.
I have read the FAQ and the answer to my question might be in there but I might not have the right terminology.

2. How do I turn off subtitles in an anime? I use both SM player and Jet Audio.

If anyone could answer these questions it would be most appreciated. Sorry if these are totally noob questions. I need to start somewhere :]

prYzm
Org Profile

Post by prYzm » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:18 pm

this is your friend. it should answer almost any question u have. obviously if u need clarification on points post and someone should help you =D

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:27 pm

well first of all. Use DVDs.

To remove subtitles you can crop 'em out with Vdubmod

and damnit. I need that flashing banner -_-

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:10 pm

if you are using fansubs there's no way to "turn off" the subtitles, they are hard encoded into the video file.

it's not flashing but it's still a link.

philosofee
Org Profile

Post by philosofee » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:04 pm

I saw that banner but I had no clue what you meant by that. Well there goes my AMV career :[

prYzm
Org Profile

Post by prYzm » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:03 pm

hobby, the term is hobby =D
but answering what u were after, what katie means is dont use the divx/xvid codecs for any video u are importing into WMM or vegas or any other video editing program. to find the codec of ur file u can USUALLY just right click on it and go properties and it will tell you. (there are a few circumstances where it doesnt) your .avi file is a container as apposed to the codec of the file itself. most fansubs footage are in xvid or divx codec and thus work really poorly to edit with (apart from the terrible quality and subtitles).
a lot of this is explained in the guide i linked to you in my earlier post. seriously it will take u a while ot read some of it, and u dont even have to read the whole thing in one go, just read the first part as it relates to your project, and when you need more information, reference it again.
hope that explains it a bit better

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”