capture card trouble

Bebop0083
Org Profile

capture card trouble

Post by Bebop0083 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:36 pm

i have bought a new capture card cause my old one sucked. my new capture card is a Dazzle DV Bridge. the problem is my program detects my capture card but it wont let me view the capturing. i have my old software on there as well which is MGI 4 and i got a new program to use with my new one called Video Factory 2.0. so if any one has any ideas please tell me. thanks. and one more thing, i tried using it on a imac cause it said it was compatable it detected the capture card too but it did not let me view the capturing. any suggestions on that would be helpful as well.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:03 pm

Honestly I don't know what's wrong, I had a dazzle a while back and got rid of it for that very reason, it isn't compatable with a whole lot of software.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:39 am

I use both VideoFactory 2 and MGI 3 (not 4), but I don't have the Dazzle bridge. I thought the VF capture utility had an option to display or not display during the capture process (can't remember and I can't get to the program right now). I know that option exists for writing to tape, but for capturing...(?).

You might check the Sonic Foundry user forum for VF. Their site is at:
http://www.sonicfoundry.com/support/default.asp

Return to “Hardware Discussion”