Minami-ke

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:38 am

Willen wrote:Hosaka-sempai has quite the imagination...
Spoiler :
SO much in fact that while he's imagining things, she actually DOES wipe the sweat off him, in the fashion he had daydreamed about just before, and he doesn't notice that she's even doing it.
I found that really hilarious for some reason. This show keeps getting better and better, it makes a great replacement for Lucky Star ;_;

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:54 am

This series gets better and better. Episode 5, with it's focus on the relationships of the sisters with each other was really enjoyable.
Spoiler :
Kana isn't a total idiot. She managed to trick Chiaki into helping her in buying Haruka a skimpy swimsuit. Then she guilt-tripped Haruka into accepting the <s>swimsuit</s> teeny bikini.

The teruterubozu scene was cute, although I must wonder about Haruka letting Kana tie up Chiaki and dangle her from a pole. I would have thought that she'd object to having a teruterubozu up in an effort to dispel the rain since it would mean she'd have to wear the teeny bikini. Unless she thought that a Chiaki-teruterubozu wouldn't be as effective as a traditional one (who's effectiveness is questionable to begin with). The best part was when Uchida (Chiaki's friend with the long hair) started to worship our cute little teruterubozu and Kana and Yoshino followed suit.

The beach. What do I need to say? Thank goodness for Haruka's friends. :D

The sisters imagining how it would be if they were alike was funny. Once again, Kana reveals that she isn't the dummy people make her out to be when Chiaki asks why they aren't alike. She responds that it doesn't matter, and if they all were like Chiaki they'd be in trouble. Yeah, it's a side jab to Chiaki, but on occasion Kana has great (but a bit twisted) perception of a situation.

Finally, KAPPA!
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:56 pm

when they say minami-ke in the intro.. it soo sounds like avrils remix of girlfriend =/

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:51 pm

episode 6 & 7 .. 0_o .. the silliness now hits a new level .. yes, 7 too ( to be continued )

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:42 am

Episode 6: If you thought Kana was nuts, you haven't met Mako-chan!

This show is SILLY. Plus, they block the obvious panty shots but we have 2 bra shots. WTF? :?

More comments later.

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:20 pm

The swimsuit/beach episode was hilarious. Excellent writing on the anime team.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:14 am

Episode 6 (It's a trap!) comments:
Spoiler :
The true extent of Baka na Kodomo's idiocy is revealed!

Due to Chiaki's kindness toward her friends, Makoto gets invited to a study group at the Minami's house. Of course, Makoto doesn't hesitate in calling himself and Uchida the "Baka Team" (which Uchida objects to), resulting in Unfortunate Fall #1.

At the Minami household, the group stumble upon Kana changing clothes. Of course, Kana doesn't react in the normal manner for a girl in that situation.

Somehow, Kana recognizes a fellow idiot and pulls him aside for some of her "wisdom". Although with his subsequent actions, Kana probably realizes that he's a special case... :idea:

Minami. Chiaki. Hime. :lol:

The Paperweight/Inkstone/Writingbrush scene was a nice bit of interaction from the secondary characters of Chiaki's friends. The Broom/Broom/Broom bit was great too.

I can't believe Kana called Makoto "that stupid kid" (you don't mince words, eh?). Since it's involving Chiaki, Kana can't help but to cause trouble. A bit surprisingly, Uchida goes along with the plan (look at her expressions during the transformation :lol: ). Obviously, Makoto is easily convinced into doing weird things. And Kana's reason for Chiaki's half-open sleepy-looking eyes is revealed.

CHIAKI-VISION!

Mako-chan and we lucky viewers get to see Haruka start to undress. Kana spoils the fun by pointing out to Haruka that there are certain social protocols that should be observed even with an "all-female" audience.

Somehow, this propels Makoto into making Mako-chan a permanent thing. By coincidence, Uchida stumble upon Makoto shopping for girl's clothing (Unfortunate Fall #2) and upon learning of his reasons, decides to help him! (WTF!?)

Then, Haruka happens to show up while they are looking at bras (oh, Strawberry Eggs flashbacks!) and due to her kind nature, decides to help Mako-chan in a bra fitting. Oh, boy. The jig is up!
Next week: poor Keiko gets harassed by Kana (again) and it seems another new face appears!

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:55 am

Episode 7 highlights:
Spoiler :
Chiaki and Haruka still haven't found out about Mako-chan's true identity. I wonder if it's because they are too trusting or just not paying good attention to the fact that <s>Clark and Superman</s> Makoto and Mako-chan look alike.

Uchida gets an unwanted view of Mako-chan's underside. Considering that last episode Makoto got to view Uchida's undies (twice!), I guess it's time for some payback. Although I think Uchida got a raw deal. I'm also wondering if Chiaki also got the same view and just rejected the possibility that Mako-chan is someone she goes to school with.

Sadly for Keiko, Kana has plans to help another person change their life and she's the new <s>victim</s> subject. Ironically, Kana in the process of thinking of a way to take off Keiko's glasses manages to take them off without realizing it. Kana, looking smarter doesn't actually make you smarter (or does it?)...

Kana holds a self-defense seminar for Chiaki's friends. It seems to me like Kana is using Chiaki's friends as substitute little sisters since they seem to actually show her respect. Of course, fellow 'baka' Uchida is picked on by Kana and it doesn't help that Uchida reacts to mention of money. :D

It's finally revealed in what way the Minami sisters are related to Takeru-ojisan! And a possible reason why they call him "Ojisan" even though he's not their uncle and isn't even old enough to be called as such.

A hilarious Sensei and Ninomiya-kun which is a follow up to last episode's segment.

The Haruka Minami Banchou Legend! Poor Haruka, Kana's going to get as much amusement from that notebook as she can.

Gosh, the Minami girls were really cute 2 years ago. That's not saying that they aren't cute now. Well, Haruka of today is more 'hot' than cute, but she still has her 'moe' moments.
I love the secondary characters in this series. Most of them are very amusing, especially Chiaki and Haruka's classmates. Kana's classmates are usually the comedic foil to her antics, but they have great individual moments too. Like the scenes with Yuu and Hiroko (Kana's senpai/Haruka's ex-kohai) and Uchida and Yoshino (Chiaki's classmates), the characters have entertaining personalities and exhibit quirks that usually develop between close friends (e.g. the "Paperweight"/"Inkstone" and white/black/grey conversations).

I'm hoping to see more of Haruka's classmates and how they interact with her and each other. Luckily, I may get my wish granted based on the next episode preview.

I also like the interplay between Kana and her older sister's and younger sister's friends and acquaintances - the way she's able to manipulate Makoto and befriend Chiaki's other classmates, plus how she bluntly asks Haruka's friends how they got her to strip during the beach episode.

I've also come to the conclusion that Kana isn't dumb. It's just that her brain is wired in such a way that she sees things differently from most other people. She also seems to put certain things at a higher priority than most people. Kana's often scheming and thinking about odd things while neglecting or ignoring common stuff like schoolwork. Oh, she's not a genius by any measure, but she's very good at interacting with people and is smart enough to know what her limits are. Kana's not an idiot, but she does idiotic things.

Next episode: Hosaka!

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:22 pm

.. Episode 08 .. Bubble .. bubble gum training camp T_T, sniff sniff, and a threat:

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:22 am

I died laughing from watching episode 8. It's taken me a while to resurrect myself. :P

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”