It back again and I am looking for videos to show off and awards to give out.
Check out the rules and email, PM or post here for any question you might have.
REACTOR 2007 | November 2-4 | Westin Chicago North Shore
The Reactor’s Overload Music Video Contest Rules
* Only one entry per person.
* Videos made on or after October 1st, 2006 are eligible for the contest.
* All entries must be postmarked no later then October, 19 2007.
* Entries may not contain bumpers/title screens/credits or any other forms of identification in the video.
* Running time may not exceed 5 minutes 30 seconds.
* Entries may be disqualified for the following reasons:
a) Objectionable content of video.
b) Bad audio or video quality.
c) Subtitles are allowed depending on their relevance to the video and/or the source of the subtitles.
*Objectionable content includes excessive profanity, excessive violence, or sexually explicit footage or lyrics. If you are not sure if the above rule means your entry will be disqualified, e-mail the contest manager.
* All physical media (CD-R. DVD-/+R etc.) Received become the property of Reactor and will not be returned.
* The Phoenix Multimedia Association reserve the right to disqualify any video.
Entry Formats Preferred
* MPEG, HUFFYUV, and DV
* Digital video file formatting requirements:
- 720x480 Frame Size
- 23.97 or 24 Frames per Second (Progressive)
- 29.97 Frames per Second (Interlaced)
- 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz 16 bit stereo uncompressed PCM audio
Entry format accepted
* Entries will be accepted in the following formats: AVI computer files, MPEG -1, MPEG-2 , Windows Media, Quick Time. All file will be accepted on the following media: CD-R, DVD-R, and DVD+R.
Online Submissions are by appointment only though AIM.
Submissions at Reactor are only allowed on Thursday, November 1. A completed entry form must accompany any in-person submissions.
Entries being sent by mail should be mailed to the following address:
ATTN: Reactor’s Visual Overload MV Contest
PO Box 6215, Libertyville, IL 60048-6215
* Entries must include the entry form or a typed document including the same information. Label your media clearly in case it is separated from your entry form! If this information is not included, your video will not be judged. All information sent to Reactor is confidential and will only be used to keep track of your music video.
* As stated in the entry requirements, contest submissions will not be returned. Do not send us your master or only copy.
* the contest running time is 2 hours. If we receive more video then time allows, the Reactor Overload manager reserves the right to cuts we be made the Music Video manager.
* Judges will be selected by the Reactor staff.
* An entry may only win one award.
* You do not need to be present at the convention or the contest to win, but if you want your award and prizes, you must have a representative at the convention to pick them up. In the event a representative is not available, the owner of a winning entry can send a Self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Reactor Overload Manager.
Drama - Videos in this category seek to evoke emotional responses from the audience by a successful combination of music and editing. Videos in this category may contain action sequences, but these scenes should not be the focus of the video.
Comedy – Whether parody or just humorous content, videos in this category are successful as long as someone thinks it’s funny.
Action – Videos will focus on action whether that is fighting sequences or fast paced colorful imagery.
Dance/Upbeat – Music videos in the dance category are uplifting and have a beat that one can groove to.
Best Technical - This award is given to the best looking from all categories
Best of Show – This award is given to the best overall video from all categories.
Any Questions e-mail to ReactorOverload@the-reactor.org
Reactor’s Visual Overload – Music Video Contest Entry Form
Please fill out this form and submit it with your video submission. Please be sure to fill out all fields.
Creator Name: __________________________________________________ ___
Creator Studio: __________________________________________________ ___
Name to Be Shown on Credits: ________________________________________
Video Title: __________________________________________________ ______
Video Source: (if more than 3 enter Various):
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
Song Title: __________________________________________________ ______
Song Artist: __________________________________________________ _____
Video Category (Please Select ONLY ONE – Note Failure to do so may result in your video being disqualified):
(_) Action (_) Drama (_) Comedy
(_) Dance/Upbeat (_) Staff
Video Runtime (Please Exclude the black that we requested you add to your video)
Contact Information (all personal information will be kept private):
Phone Number (______) ______-_______________
Email Address ______________________________