P&P RPG stories?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:41 pm

Two words: Human Cannonball.

Addendum: Spike Pit.

(whoa, Brad Pitt should totally have a son named Spike. That would be awesome.)
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:46 pm

Kitsuner wrote:Two words: Human Cannonball.

That was the worst and best idea ever.
:ying:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:12 am

aesling wrote:

I'll bet Mitch got that natural 1 on purpose. :x :P
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:29 am

Kitsuner wrote:
aesling wrote:

I'll bet Mitch got that natural 1 on purpose. :x :P
I bet he also drop-kicked that dead body into a tree on purpose.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:39 am

I love DMing Paranoia games - for anyone who's not familiar with the setting, imagine Brazil (Terry Gilliam's, not the South American country): The RPG. Basically, 1984 meets Monty Python. It's a wonderful game because the players are basically all conspiring against each other, and they have to play on the principle that the GM can kill them whenever he chooses to, so their character's lives are basically dependent on whether or not the GM is entertained.

So many stories. During one of my campaigns (which took the form of a Paranoia-style Kangaroo Court), a campus security guard walked into the conference room we were using while one of my players was beating the other with a stuffed animal (all in-character, mind you). Good times.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:52 am

I only played Paranoia long ago (I kind of want to check out XP), but I liked this story about one game. (actually there are a couple there)
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:34 pm

dokidoki wrote:I only played Paranoia long ago (I kind of want to check out XP), but I liked this story about one game. (actually there are a couple there)
NERD! :lol:

>_>
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:25 pm

I had a pretty amusing experience with D&D last weekend. Our DM decided to start a little side campaign we could play when anyone couldn't make it for the regular meeting (since our group is only three people plus the DM if anyone can't make it we pretty much have to cancel). So, since the DM's girlfriend couldn't make it last weekend my the two of us made our characters for the side campaign. I was making a Psychic Warrior, and made some joke about stabbing people and then setting them on fire, so once I get my weapon the DM's like, ok your axe can have flames as long as they don't do any damage. Later he ammended that to let the flames be able to ignite things. Like oil. :twisted:

Meanwhile, my friend's creating a Sword Sage, and apparently he has some move that will also set enemies on fire when he stabs them. He also has a stance that makes him nearly immune to fire while he's in it. Once we get started, we're fighting some goblins and setting them on fire, then has me set him on fire, and then he runs up to a cluster of hobgoblins and starts busting oil balloons in their faces (damaging himself, but killing the hobgoblins. With FIRE).

So basically (without any real planning) both our characters turned out to be insane, introverted piromaniacs. Who says D&D can't be like real life. :lol:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:34 pm

I needed a series of weird encounters for my BESM game... The players are around level 10 right now (think D&D 12-18 based on build)... The first encounter is simple enough... 10 spec-op dwarven knights (wearing fortified full plate and monkey-grip wielding Large keen waraxes / halbreds) that drop AOE paralyzing poison when they die, but somehow I also came up with 2 land sharks with 12 Hit Die, an Ice-elemental template, and the Evil Aura of an evil arch-dragon.

I'm thinking they won't see any of this coming at all - and it'll probably keep them from realizing that they're carrying a plague-bomb into a major city for an extremely charismatic enemy.

I'm trying to get the whole being a mean GM thing down - I think I need more practice.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:58 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I'm trying to get the whole being a mean GM thing down - I think I need more practice.
The goal isn't to be mean to your players, it's to be evil. If you're just mean to your players, that's not enjoyable. But when you're evil, everyone has fun!

:uhoh:

Return to “General Discussion”