America: A Degenerate Society?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:17 pm

Since it's a state to state thing here you get weird laws though... You can marry (and hence have consensual sex with) your 14 year old cousin in New Hampshire regardless of your age, for instance, but i think gay sex is still against the law in some states or counties in the south. That kinda reinforces the point i made back on the first page - there are so many factions in America that each can be used to represent it as something bad to some other nation or culture. Most modern European nations hate the ultra conservative bible-belt faction because they're too repressed and in many cases extremely bigoted while the ultra conservative theocracies like Iran hate the liberal minded portion of America that's diametrically opposed to the conservatives. You'd figure that some nation would be able to see the half-full side of things and realize that they have allies - i think this says something... not sure what... probably something about simple minds...
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:30 pm

in Louisiana you have to be 21+ in order to give or receive oral O.o and that includes hetro

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:08 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:in Louisiana you have to be 21+ in order to give or receive oral O.o and that includes hetro
Oral sex is illegal in MN.

So is sleeping naked.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:09 pm

Ileia wrote:
JaddziaDax wrote:in Louisiana you have to be 21+ in order to give or receive oral O.o and that includes hetro
Oral sex is illegal in MN.

So is sleeping naked.
Minnesota sucks...or doesn't suck.

;_;

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:21 pm

Ileia wrote:
So is sleeping naked.
Wait what.

Explain this as I'm known for this particular behaviour :o
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:28 pm

FUN FACT: The US is full of stupid laws passed in the stone age that nobody actually enforces.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:37 pm

Otohiko wrote:
Ileia wrote:
So is sleeping naked.
Wait what.

Hey, I didn't write the laws. And it's not enforced, like Ying said, it's just a bullshit law that was made for some unknown reason. There's also one that has to do with having a chicken on your head while crossing the Minnesota-Wisconsin border.

And please don't indulge in this habit while Todd is over. :O
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:47 pm

What, indulging having a chicken on my head? :lol:

And eh. That's why I have a separate room here. That even locks. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:47 am

Otohiko wrote:
Ileia wrote:
So is sleeping naked.
Wait what.

Minnesooooota. I think it has to do with the risk of certain important outer extremities freezing off or being attacked by the giant mosquitoes, depending on season.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:49 am

Personally, I see it as the mayor's wife accidentally walking in on a dude sleeping in the buff, complaining to hubby about it, and then BAM new town law the next day.

One-time incidents are probably how most of these dumbass local laws get passed.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Return to “General Discussion”