More precise control?

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:06 pm

CrackTheSky wrote: Haven't read the rest of the thread, but it is possible to get WMM to cut down to one frame. You need to reduce the clip to two frames and then put the marker in the middle of the frame on the timeline and use whatever hotkeys WMM uses for splitting clips.
is that even possible? how does making it 2 frames length help?

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:17 am

Purge wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote: Haven't read the rest of the thread, but it is possible to get WMM to cut down to one frame. You need to reduce the clip to two frames and then put the marker in the middle of the frame on the timeline and use whatever hotkeys WMM uses for splitting clips.
is that even possible? how does making it 2 frames length help?
Oh, well, I suppose you're right. Dunno why I thought that part was necessary, but using the cutting hotkeys does work to get clips down to one frame, I'm *almost* positive.

lynit
Org Profile

Post by lynit » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:51 am

Oh, well, I suppose you're right. Dunno why I thought that part was necessary, but using the cutting hotkeys does work to get clips down to one frame, I'm *almost* positive.
I can confirm that wrong.
It IS possible though to get it to one frame. I usually just did achieved this by splitting the clip twice, then merging afterwards.

And yeah, definitely get Vegas or Premiere if you want more precise control over frames =o
<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.

DarkAngelYahriel
Org Profile

Post by DarkAngelYahriel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:08 pm

*is a precision perfectionist*

So which is better? Premier or Vegas? I remember using Premier 6 *waaay* back (I still ran a '98), and liked it, but of course early versions like that are all but dead now. =(
Something that will run smoothly on the 1.86GHz, 512Mb RAM laptop that I have? *_*

DarkAngelYahriel
Org Profile

Post by DarkAngelYahriel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:24 pm

Edit to above post:
Vegas > Premier. Vegas (Platinum) requires less system resources than the mega-powerhouse that is Premier.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:02 pm

DarkAngelYahriel wrote:So which is better? Premier or Vegas?
They'll both give you down-to-the-frame accuracy; which is "better" is entirely a matter of what works best <i>for you</i>. Try out the demos and see.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”