So Geforce 4 Ti4200's are good for editing then?

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:34 pm

I want to DVD rip...But the idiots who configured my Dual Processor system have everything jacked up....I'm gonna sell this computer and get a better one from my friend....Hopefully I can sell this pc for 2,400....The specs of this pc are just insane.....But damn that configuration...

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:36 pm

Ikasu wrote:I want to DVD rip...But the idiots who configured my Dual Processor system have everything jacked up....I'm gonna sell this computer and get a better one from my friend....Hopefully I can sell this pc for 2,400....The specs of this pc are just insane.....But damn that configuration...
Dude what the fuck is wrong with your computer. I don't care that your computer sucks. Fix It :twisted:

~klinky

Legend Killer
Org Profile

Post by Legend Killer » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:40 pm

Well, I finally got my new puter & it rocks!

Its got both a GF4 Ti4200 & a DVD/burner combo drive.

Hope to make my first AMV soon.... :)

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:38 pm

Actually, if you can get a non-Macromedia feed from a good DVD player into a video card that captures real-time non-compressed footage, would that not have better quality than a pure DVD rip simply because of the hardware filters present in DVD players?

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:26 am

alternatefutures wrote:Actually, if you can get a non-Macromedia feed from a good DVD player into a video card that captures real-time non-compressed footage, would that not have better quality than a pure DVD rip simply because of the hardware filters present in DVD players?

You mean macrovision.

I believe that would be "possible", but most any filter that the DVD player or the capture card does can be done in software. Also finding a card that captures realtime uncompressed would be hard, though huffYUV is a option. I believe it's easier to just rip the DVD and get to work, rather then getting exspensive high-kwality cables, worry about macrovision, not have all the footage I may need. Which in the end it probably won't look any better and has the high probability of looking worse.

~klinky

Mask of Destiny
Org Profile

Post by Mask of Destiny » Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:38 am

klinky wrote:Also finding a card that captures realtime uncompressed would be hard, though huffYUV is a option.
I've been able to capture uncompressed video with my All-In-Wonder Radeon, the big problem is hard disk bandwidth. Even 7200RPM drives have only a sustained transfer rate around 30MB/s which usually is just barely enough to keep up with a YUV stream. Though I dont' see any advantage to capturing it uncompressed when there's huffyuv.

Still any filters present on the DVD player are not enough insentive to capture the video in this manner.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”