Tandokucon AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
ReligionX
Org Profile

Tandokucon AMV Contest

Post by ReligionX » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:41 pm

Tandokucon is taking Place in the Philadelphia Convention Center on November 9, 10, & 11 of 2007. This year, we are now accepting AMV submissions.

The TandokuCon Anime Music Video General Screening Rules and Guidelines. Deadline for all submissions: Friday, October 19, 2007.

Please note that this event IS now a contest (last minute change). Our intention is to show the best of what is new or has otherwise gone unnoticed by other Anime Conventions. The turnout of this event will determine the specifications for the Tandokucon AMV Contest in 2008.

Not all submitted AMVs will be shown at Tandokucon. All non-disqualified AMVs submitted to Tandokucon will be recognized on the Tandokucon website with the name of the editor(s), anime(s) and song(s) used, and a link to the appropriate page for download on www.animemusicvideos.org, unless specially requested not to. Links for download will NOT be provided for any other website.

-ReligionX
Tandokucon 2007 AMV & Fan Parody Coordinator
Last edited by ReligionX on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:21 am

Sending out a 2 Months reminder for the AMV submission deadline.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:14 am

Sending out a 1 Month Reminder for the AMV submission deadline.

Keep sending in videos. It'll be a fun presentation. ^-^

I may also secretly give out prizes to the creators of the best video in each category.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:24 pm

Sending out a 2 week reminder. The last and final reminder will be the 1 week reminder next Friday.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:05 am

This is my last and final call. You have until next Friday! Keep on sending videos! ^-^

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:09 am

Wow. Not going to lie to you folks. I've only gotten in 5 submissions. I had to disqualify 1 of them, and two of the remaining AMVs were submitted by the same creator, so I can only show 3 of the AMVs that I've been given.

I've decided that I'm going to give a non-special edition boxed set of any anime (editors choice) to the editor of the best video submitted in each category. Deadline is still Friday.

I'd really hate to have to show a bunch of AMVs, that I just happen to like, in with the screening just to fill in a 2 hour block. ><

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:32 pm

ReligionX wrote:I've decided that I'm going to give a non-special edition boxed set of any anime (editors choice) to the editor of the best video submitted in each category.
Then you might want to amend the part of that page that says "Please note that this event is NOT a contest."
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:11 am

Scintilla wrote:Then you might want to amend the part of that page that says "Please note that this event is NOT a contest."
Changed.

Funny story. It's the convention's first year running, so they're not quite sure how to budget things for each event. I said I'd "take care of AMVs and Fan Parodies." I ask for some funding, and they say, "oh, we'll see how this year goes, and then maybe we'll give out prizes and have the audience vote and all of that next year." Much, much later, my friend comes up to me and tells me about their event that they run at Gencon, and they print shirts and buttons and stickers and all that stuff, out of pocket to draw more people to the crowd. And I think to myself, "well, that's silly. Why should I have to out-of-pocket prizes to get people to send in videos?" Here I am a few days before the deadline, and no one's submitted anything. I also happened to go to the ATM and withdraw a bit of cash, and I see the balance, and I'm like, "wow."

Good news! I just saved 15% or more of my income by dumping my girlfriend and switching to being single! I have prize money now! Huzzah!

Send in videos.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:09 pm

Actually, I meant updating the webpage that you linked to. ^^>

I'd send something, but I don't have anything that hasn't competed elsewhere already.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:01 am

Scintilla wrote:Actually, I meant updating the webpage that you linked to. ^^>
Oh! I can't update the website. And by the time I'd put in for a change request, the deadline would be well past, as that day is tomorrow. ><

Tandokucon is up to 6 AMVs now. I was planning on having 6 categories. Provided that none of these videos fall under the same genre, then all these people are winners. ^-^

Well! Live and learn, I suppose. I'll offer more incentive, much earlier on to receive more submissions.

Return to “AMV Contests”