Sakura-Con AMV Contest Change

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:04 am

I'm going to have to look into getting my Apex's firmware upgraded. 8)

Anyway, I should have been more clear about the formats. If I just put an MPEG1 on a CD without the directories etc. that make it a VCD, then that probably would not be what the rules call an "authored" disc. Meaning an invalid entry disc.

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:35 am

TaranT wrote:Anyway, I should have been more clear about the formats. If I just put an MPEG1 on a CD without the directories etc. that make it a VCD, then that probably would not be what the rules call an "authored" disc. Meaning an invalid entry disc.
That is correct, for a more accurate description of a VCD and SVCD, I suggest the following websites:

Video CD Information
Super Video CD Information
DVDR Information
--Chris ^_^

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Post by BigshotSpike » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:25 pm

Will the entrants still get VIP seats?

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Post by BigshotSpike » Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:05 pm

Sorry for double posting, but to clear something up: So CDs with video files on them will be accepted. Like if I was to submit a CD-R with an Mpeg-2 file on it, would that be accepted?

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:25 am

BigshotSpike wrote:Sorry for double posting, but to clear something up: So CDs with video files on them will be accepted. Like if I was to submit a CD-R with an Mpeg-2 file on it, would that be accepted?
I believe that it would not be accepted. If you want to send an MPEG2, it will have to be created as an authored DVD. If you want to send an MPEG1, it will have to be an authored VCD or SVCD.

Basically, he needs to be able to play your disc in his Apex DVD player. Which I assume means he is not using a computer to create the contest tape(s).

Return to “AMV Contests”