How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Shinimegami Zero
Org Profile

Post by Shinimegami Zero » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:10 pm

FAAuraJin wrote:
Shinimegami Zero wrote:I tried this method with Suikoden V and it works great, with the exception of one of the pieces. I split the iso into four pieces and was able to extract 32 videos from three of them, but piece 4 likes to freeze up when I run it through extractor. I've tried the hex editor way with both that piece alone and the entire iso and have had no luck there with finding the correct hex values, and FMVTool finds nothing whatsoever. I've heard Cube Media Player works great, but cubemediaplayer.com is down and googling it takes me to a bunch of shady looking Chinese websites that have mostly dead links. Does anyone know of a working site that has the program? I'm only missing a few of the videos, and of course they're the ones I need, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks.
sounds like the same problems I've been having with xenosaga. have you made sure you disabled the stream? and are you using VirtualDub or some other program for the last step? (I assume thats what you're stuck on, turning them into AVIs)
No. What I'm saying is that extractor is working, but it's not ripping every fmv from the game. There is far more than 32 and I'm trying to figure out something that will allow me to get those fmvs that extractor is unable to find. I'd like to see if Cube Media Player works, but as I said up there all google gives me is a bunch of dead links. I haven't even bothered with trying to convert them to avi yet.

superlaos91
Org Profile

Post by superlaos91 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:59 pm

yea i tried gigahertz but it stopped at 10% and i was going very very very slow after that. i didn't find any ffx-2 tool.

ffxdean wrote:
superlaos91 wrote:i'm trying to use this for ff x-2 i get to dvd decrypter and do iso read it stops at 10% am i doing something wrong?
FFX-2 is probably one of the easiest games to extract the movies out of. I reckon this guide is out of date well for most games (but still works :) ), it just takes far too long and their are much more simple methods out there.

Well just to solve your problem:
Just download Gigahertz FMV tool (located in the NGEMU forums), CubeMedia Player (just google it) or the ffx-2 tool 2007 or 06 version (located on the NGEMU forums, apparantly it rips the fmvs from every version of FFX-2 and some of FFX), and for that dvd decrypter problem i have no idea..... maybe bad disk? but the program i mentioned above will work without needing to save the ISO to the HDD, splitting the iso etc. It just rips the m2v+wav to the hard drive automatically with just one click of the mouse.

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:04 am

Okay, now i see the real problem here.

Either you have bootleg or non-legit copy or you have a faulty disc or your DVD burner is faulty.

those are the only reason it could be.

Once you found the fault. Rescan the disc using Cubemedia or use Gigaherz's FMV tool

superlaos91
Org Profile

Post by superlaos91 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:26 pm

i don't think best buy would sell bootleg copy of stuff i don't know if it is my dvd burner i mean i can still rip other stuff like my sailor moon dvd and my kh2 game and stuff i don't know it may be the disk. have a solution?

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:08 pm

http://www.divshare.com/download/2297066-a3a

I uploaded the FFX-2 tool. If that doesnt work, i dont think anything else will. :wink:

I've heard Cube Media Player works great, but cubemediaplayer.com is down and googling it takes me to a bunch of shady looking Chinese websites that have mostly dead links.
Hi there, i uploaded CubemediaPlayer for you. Here It is:

http://www.divshare.com/download/2297266-4eb

unfortunatley its the trial version i am not so sure if it i can freely distribute the full version of the program due to that im not the owner and therefore do not have the permission to release it.

Its costs $20 although i have no idea how you are suppose to pay for it due the site being down (forever).

superlaos91
Org Profile

Post by superlaos91 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:16 pm

thanx for the tool. this will sound stupid but how do i use it? sorry i'm still a little new to this stuff

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:56 am

lol. Well its actually really simple you just insert the ffx-2 disc into the dvd drive, then open the program, choose the dvd drive letter (for me its D: but your could be something different.), then choose the destination folder (where you want to extract the movies to for instance say my documents) then click extract.

It should take about 5minutes or longer extracting depending on the speed of the DVD Drive.

btw when the program extracts the video and audio dont run any other application otherwise the program will freeze (well it happened to me).

btw do you know how to create a ISO image of the disc?

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:01 am

its just that you may need the iso to load into that program.

If that doesnt work, you should either replace your dvd burner with a new one, but before you do what are the specs of the dvd burner? (module/brand, speed etc) or clean the disc if it has any scratches on it

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:10 am

sorry for the multiple posts.

I believe that the ffx-2_tool will only extract the .pss files therefore you need another tool: PSS_demux you should find the link somewhere on this topic or try just try googling for it. It should be still around.

superlaos91
Org Profile

Post by superlaos91 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:42 pm

i managed to get the fmv's i trioed gighertzs tool againand this time i chose to read the disk smoothly for ps2 troubles or something. it took a long time but it actually finished although some fmv's would not work properly maybe it because the disk is scartched?

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”