pretty eyes O.o

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:00 pm

Emong wrote:Oh! Finally.

I will get this at a light-speed rush ^^ And drop an op later on~

EDIT: Wow, that was awesome. This video reminded me a lot of your Wingless video because you captured the song so damn well. As you said in the video description, it focuses a lot on the expressions and emotions of the characters rather than any conflicts or such, which is what I like about your vids. In a lack of a better word, your video had surreal drama going on, which I liked - a lot!

You've made some changes from the betas I saw. I liked the effect used on the rollerskating scene. It wasn't all that visible but it fit there, imo. Also, the flow is clearly better now, mostly due the fades you added. But I still didn't really dig the segment in 1:50-1:54. It's just that cross-fading from one face close-up to another similar one always tends to look bad, imo.

Anyways, I won't get into more details right now. That I'll do on teh op! ^^ I'd score it 4.25/5 right now but I'm pretty sure it'll rise up to 4.5/5 or higher after it has grown on me for a while~ Also, I fully approve its almost-5-minute lenght! :up:
yay op from Emong! I'm glad you like it so well. Yea I know you don't like the crossfades and I even had mix feelings about them but it looked better then just cutting to ones face then the others, it looks smoother with the crossfades imo hehe
JaddziaDax wrote:/me gets O:
:D
Kitsuner wrote:Oh, I was wondering how you got only half of the a girl with pretty eyes filter to show up.
:roll: hehe
Janzki wrote:a girl with pretty eyes?

/gets
anime girls with big pretty eyes= :up:
post-it wrote:.. False Advertizing !!! .. 0_0 ... ^_^ .. gets ...
how the hell is it false advertizing, shojo eyes are pretty ;p
post-it wrote:EDIT: I have to agree with Emong
awesome :up:
WC Annihilus wrote: /me agrees with Emong
awesome :up: x2
Angelic86 wrote:Really pretty AMV, gots a nice feeling to it
Thank you :D
Kael_ wrote:Nice video but I was bored a little.
Nice to watch once.
2.9/5
Well I'm dissapointed to hear you thought it was boring but atleast you thought it was nice, however this video should be watch more then once.
meleechampion wrote:Imogen HEEEEP

/gets
Imogen Heap=Win :up:

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:07 am

You know I'm getting this one.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:56 am

This was really lovely. I felt it used the overused scenes from the anime, but it was overall a pretty good amv. The song was well done, the sync was consistant, and the presentation was gorgeous.

4.00/5.00

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:08 am

The thing I love about you as an editor and your videos is that with each successive release I see obvious improvement. I've been following your videos since Falling, and this is definitely the best of the three I've seen (not counting your Awwraid video :roll:). You got the mood of the song down *perfectly*, and the feeling I get while watching this is one of wonder and...bliss, I guess would be the best way to describe it. The sync is handled very well - the video displays more of a mood sync than any prolonged beat sync, and in this case it works very well.

The main complaints I have are technical ones - the quality is only average, and you again have an aspect ratio confusion - this should be in 16:9, I believe, not 4:3. I can of course override this with MPC, but if I were you I'd consider uploading a fixed version somewhere just because it's a rather major problem and one worth fixing.

Besides that, this is a beautiful video and I am most certainly looking forward to future ones!

4.25/5

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:59 pm

Krisqo wrote:You know I'm getting this one.
:D
CodeChrono wrote:This was really lovely. I felt it used the overused scenes from the anime, but it was overall a pretty good amv. The song was well done, the sync was consistant, and the presentation was gorgeous.

4.00/5.00
thanks for the comments, I'm dissapointed that you felt that some scenes are overused which does happen pretty much with well-known animes, mostly because those are the best choices for the video and I used what I felt was best. though overused footage doesn't bother me unless the editor uses it in a simaller way to another which usually happens at the beginning or end of a video(if this makes any sense hehe)
CrackTheSky wrote:The thing I love about you as an editor and your videos is that with each successive release I see obvious improvement. I've been following your videos since Falling, and this is definitely the best of the three I've seen (not counting your Awwraid video ). You got the mood of the song down *perfectly*, and the feeling I get while watching this is one of wonder and...bliss, I guess would be the best way to describe it. The sync is handled very well - the video displays more of a mood sync than any prolonged beat sync, and in this case it works very well.
wow thank you so much for the comment^^
CrackTheSky wrote:The main complaints I have are technical ones - the quality is only average, and you again have an aspect ratio confusion - this should be in 16:9, I believe, not 4:3. I can of course override this with MPC, but if I were you I'd consider uploading a fixed version somewhere just because it's a rather major problem and one worth fixing.
I don't think there any AR confusion at all, during the beta stage I did go between 16:9 and 4:3 an imo the 4:3 AR looked better, also I am prefectly happy with the way it looks, sure it could look better itself but you have to admit that this one looks the best out of the 4 vids I have made(and uploaded) to the org...not counting the "awwride" vid(still can't believe I made one :oops: ) this year, though a reason that the QL not the best is because I had to crop alot of these black bars on the sides and not all of them where the same size, the 1st CCS movie had horrorble bars(which is way I didn't use it very often) so I don't know if the cropping is the reason or not but I needed to make them all the same size. Sorry I wrote so much about that, looks bad doesn't it :sweat:
CrackTheSky wrote:Besides that, this is a beautiful video and I am most certainly looking forward to future ones!

4.25/5
agian thank you for the comment and I hope you see and enjoy my vids to come, and I hope to see more comments from you, hopefully the "technical" side of my videos will be higher next time

also to Emong thanks for the op! I'll comment to it asap

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:16 pm

Finally watched it.

Of course it's CCS so it gets props for that. What hurt it for me was the song. Imogen Heap sounds so much like Fro-Fro and I really don't like the sound of either of their voices. But I put up with it.

The quality is good, but just a tad over filtered like your previous Shana video, but not as bad. And I agree with Sky about the AR. It seems like the movie cuts were a little stretched vertically probably from resizing from 16:9 to 4:3. I found it easier to crop and resized the 4:3 to match the 16:9 but that's my personal taste.

I really like how you incorporate the effects, but some are just a little too abrupt. For example, 0:55 when you have Sakura appear behind the key. IMO, it would have flowed a little better if you faded Sakura in on that clip. Not a long fade, maybe a few frames or so.

Overall, a very cute Sakura video. And that makes Krisqo happy :mrgreen:

P.S. Love the song during the credits. 8-)

4/5

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:02 am

Krisqo wrote:Imogen Heap sounds so much like Fro-Fro and I really don't like the sound of either of their voices.
Imogen Heap is the lead singer of Frou Frou, but she also has her own project under her own name :P

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:05 am

CrackTheSky wrote:
Krisqo wrote:Imogen Heap sounds so much like Fro-Fro and I really don't like the sound of either of their voices.
Imogen Heap is the lead singer of Frou Frou, but she also has her own project under her own name :P
Well... that explains it. I thought the voice was the same.

MrDeap
Org Profile

Post by MrDeap » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:04 am

Very good quality. too bad with the 16:9 & 4:3. the switch is tad annoying....

Very few transition were done a tad bit too fast. The mood, the anime, the music... All I can say, excellent.

Not very flashy, but you can tell it have been made seriously.

4/5

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:18 am

i like i like (now that I've gotten around to seeing the rest) and I like the effect you used instead of the piano bars XD win!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”