How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:59 pm

btw, if you did visit the web page I posted for you, try clicking on the links that say "v1.1.0(Lite)" or "v1.1.0(Full)".

Don't click on the PSS plex name since that definitely does lead to the sony site.

FAAuraJin
Org Profile

Post by FAAuraJin » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:56 pm

thanks a lot for the help. Virtual Dub is working great.

...now... if I could only get rid of these damn captions -_-
"I wouldn't want to be a part of any club that would have a guy like me as a member"

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:59 pm

you can crop the subs out with either virtual dub or your editing program (providing your editing program has such an option.) Other than that, there's really no other way unless you want to photoshop the subs out frame by frame.

FAAuraJin
Org Profile

Post by FAAuraJin » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:38 am

stupid xenosaga, putting the subitles so far up
"I wouldn't want to be a part of any club that would have a guy like me as a member"

Shinimegami Zero
Org Profile

Post by Shinimegami Zero » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:54 pm

I tried this method with Suikoden V and it works great, with the exception of one of the pieces. I split the iso into four pieces and was able to extract 32 videos from three of them, but piece 4 likes to freeze up when I run it through extractor. I've tried the hex editor way with both that piece alone and the entire iso and have had no luck there with finding the correct hex values, and FMVTool finds nothing whatsoever. I've heard Cube Media Player works great, but cubemediaplayer.com is down and googling it takes me to a bunch of shady looking Chinese websites that have mostly dead links. Does anyone know of a working site that has the program? I'm only missing a few of the videos, and of course they're the ones I need, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks.

ogie_s
Org Profile

Post by ogie_s » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:12 pm

Hello there. I tried this method because I've been wanting to rip the videos for Persona 3 but didn't have any luck. Has anyone had any success with this game? Extractor doesn't pick up any MPEGs and PSS Player doesn't work either for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

FAAuraJin
Org Profile

Post by FAAuraJin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:36 am

Shinimegami Zero wrote:I tried this method with Suikoden V and it works great, with the exception of one of the pieces. I split the iso into four pieces and was able to extract 32 videos from three of them, but piece 4 likes to freeze up when I run it through extractor. I've tried the hex editor way with both that piece alone and the entire iso and have had no luck there with finding the correct hex values, and FMVTool finds nothing whatsoever. I've heard Cube Media Player works great, but cubemediaplayer.com is down and googling it takes me to a bunch of shady looking Chinese websites that have mostly dead links. Does anyone know of a working site that has the program? I'm only missing a few of the videos, and of course they're the ones I need, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks.
sounds like the same problems I've been having with xenosaga. have you made sure you disabled the stream? and are you using VirtualDub or some other program for the last step? (I assume thats what you're stuck on, turning them into AVIs)

superlaos91
Org Profile

Post by superlaos91 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:36 pm

i'm trying to use this for ff x-2 i get to dvd decrypter and do iso read it stops at 10% am i doing something wrong?

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:25 pm

superlaos91 wrote:i'm trying to use this for ff x-2 i get to dvd decrypter and do iso read it stops at 10% am i doing something wrong?
FFX-2 is probably one of the easiest games to extract the movies out of. I reckon this guide is out of date well for most games (but still works :) ), it just takes far too long and their are much more simple methods out there.

Well just to solve your problem:
Just download Gigahertz FMV tool (located in the NGEMU forums), CubeMedia Player (just google it) or the ffx-2 tool 2007 or 06 version (located on the NGEMU forums, apparantly it rips the fmvs from every version of FFX-2 and some of FFX), and for that dvd decrypter problem i have no idea..... maybe bad disk? but the program i mentioned above will work without needing to save the ISO to the HDD, splitting the iso etc. It just rips the m2v+wav to the hard drive automatically with just one click of the mouse.

Valcidious
Org Profile

Post by Valcidious » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:13 am

wow...Thank you so much, This has been a great help to me. Thanks again.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”