Wacom Tablet

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
DriftRoot
Org Profile

Re: Wacom Tablet

Post by DriftRoot » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:16 pm

Garylisk wrote:Also, I bought the Graphire 4, which is 4x5 inches (20 sq. inches), and has 512 levels of pressure sensitivity. Do you feel that this size and level of pressure sensing is a good tablet for a beginner? I figured it was the best choice. I am an aspiring artist and designer, starting a bit late at nearly 28 years of age, but feel confident in my ability to learn.
The thing with Wacom tablets, as most people know, is that it takes awhile to get used to them. I have found that larger tablets are not so good if you're only going to use the tablet for small jobs or general computing (which is what I use my 4X5 inch tablet for), but better for hardcore artistic endeavors. The bigger tablets let you draw more naturally, with bigger arm and shoulder movements.

I wouldn't bother sinking money into an big, expensive, highly sensitive tablet until you get a good feel for how to handle the smaller, more affordable ones and are convinced that a better tablet will really boost your performance.

Inkwolf
Org Profile

Post by Inkwolf » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:40 pm

One way to help get used to using the pen is to tape a piece of apaper over the tablet. It gives you a little 'bite' like what you're used to when using a real pen or pencil.

I couldn't live without my Wacom.

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:00 pm

A few weeks ago, I was given a 9x12 intuos3 wacom. It's so pretty. I've never had a tablet before, and it's true that they take getting used to, but I love it so far. I haven't had much of a chance to play around, art wise, but from what I have messed around with it, I rather think I'm going to like it hehe. I do like the large space and openness the size has.

I prefer my mouse for regular computer stuff like web browsing and all that though. It's what I'm used to, and I really don't see that changing.

Return to “General Discussion”