My Anime

This forum is for posting images from anime shows. Please read the posting rules before posting in this forum.
jhkplaya888
Org Profile

Post by jhkplaya888 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:02 pm

is it me or do her boobs seam lopsided O_o

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:56 pm

LOL

She's actually standing partially side on, that would kinda explain it. Once I add shading, you'll see.

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:03 pm

Hmm I only have one suggestion, and I'm not much of a great artist myself so don't think I'm critizing all over your work here XD

On the hair, before you start highlighting, begin the shading first. Highlights over the hair and shadows looks better. :) And the skin color seems a little dark to me o.O On your tablet make sure the settings are set to the correct brightness. (I had my tablet brightness on really low for a long time and while the skin on my stuff looked right on my tablet, it was in reality a sickning yellow color XD)

Otherwise it looks fine. :)
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:11 pm

kikai_saigono wrote:Hmm I only have one suggestion, and I'm not much of a great artist myself so don't think I'm critizing all over your work here XD

On the hair, before you start highlighting, begin the shading first. Highlights over the hair and shadows looks better. :) And the skin color seems a little dark to me o.O On your tablet make sure the settings are set to the correct brightness. (I had my tablet brightness on really low for a long time and while the skin on my stuff looked right on my tablet, it was in reality a sickning yellow color XD)

Otherwise it looks fine. :)
Cheers for the feedback. Normally, I apply base colour and then shade it it, lighting comes last. However, I decided to add a few highlights to check how the colour looks like, because as i mentioned, i'm partially colour blind, so I didn't know if I chose the right colour.

Andy yeah, the skin may be a little dark, I just copied the colour from Haruhi Suzumiya.

I finished another drawing yesterday too, which I'll upload later today.

Thanks for the feedback :D

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:16 am

ZOMG HE BACK!

>.>

<.<

Here with a few updates for anyone who cares lol

Whoo! Base colour has been added ftw! Highlights have also been removed, and there's a little touching up to the picture overall.

And, what's this? ZOMG IT'S SHADING! SMEXY! *cough*

Still a work in progress... but peh, maybe sometime in the next 5 years I might be arsed to finish it off.

That is all!

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:12 pm

The shading looks good so far. Just be sure to keep the light source consistent. Nine times out of ten most people won't notice/care about the light source, but it's always good to stay consistent. It's looking nice :D
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:29 pm

Thanks.

I sent this to a friend last night for some feedback and he pointed out to me how much it failed.

There are so many things wrong with the picture I won't even bother to point them out. Let's just say it would be easir for me to redraw an entirely new character than to fix this one ;_;

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:47 pm

Eh? That sounds a little harsh, don't you think? What is he pointing out that's wrong? Anatomy? Shading?

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:58 pm

:/

I'll list the flaws, but after you know them, they become so apparent.

-Eyes are too large (position if fine though)
-Neck is too long and too thin
-Arms are too long
-Chest (boobies >.>) are too low down
-Head is too large

Yeah, quite a few of them to be honest... too bad he didn't tell me before I coloured it.

It seems that I usually overlook these kinds of things when I draw them, but I notice everything after I've finished the picture >"<

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:29 pm

Yea, see this is where I go Nazi on people and their critiquing ways.

I don't see how all these things are the hugest deals in the world. To me, personally, people who obsess over one arm being ever so slightly longer than the other may just have too much time on their hands. Anatomy? In Anime? Since when has realistic anything ever applied to anime?

That's why I always told myself never to use geometrics when drawing. Sure, my drawings may come out as a little off balance, lopsided and not down-to-the-tee-anatomically-correct, but that's perfectly fine with me. Now I can understand if you have...say...a character resembling someone outta Eiken, and people say 'whoa, dude, the boobs are TOO HUGE'. That's different. If it's horribly noticable, then yea I might say 'head's to big for the body' or 'chest is a bit too low', but if it's really slight, is anyone going to care? I don't. D:

Return to “Anime Screencaps”