What is needed to make these

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:00 pm

software piracy isn't exactly encouraged here at the .org but as long as you don't tel anyone they'll never know the difference *shifts eyes* of course since your getting it off someone who bought it you will have the access to the manual which to my understanding is a major help. but hey i'm just a pathetic WMM user so what the hell do i know.
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

SuicideKyd
Org Profile

Post by SuicideKyd » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:19 pm

bloodyfang whats WMM?
The name is Gambit....remember it!

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:25 pm

Bill Gates attempt to divide and conquor the AMV community. also known ass Windows Movie Maker or that pain in the ass iMovie wannabe. I swear that WMM is like a bare skeleton compared to iMovie. I know a guy who uses an iBook and we used it for a school project.
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:18 pm

Although this is completly off topic I must ask it.
Bloodyfang what anime is your avatar from? I like it!
I like it alot. :D

merrow
Org Profile

Post by merrow » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:22 am

Just so you know, WMM and Premiere are not the only two editing packages out there, just two ends of the spectrum. (Free vs. Expensive) There are programs that fall in the middle of usibility vs. price, a good place to look is the software reviews off the main page. (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/software.php) Admation Personal Studio for example is a good program for under $50.

I personally use a combination of programs since each have their plus and minuses. I do a lot of prep work in Virtualdub (free), AVIedit ($25), and I use a MGI Videowave/Dazzle bundle pack that came with my computer to export to tape and capture tape footage. Premiere only comes in late in the project for me.

I don't think starting off with downloaded footage is so heinous either, but if it's Divx Premiere is going to hate it, just to give you a heads up. Take it into Virtualdub and save the portions you need in a friendlier codec like Huffyuv.

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:52 am

DiemondDagger wrote:Although this is completly off topic I must ask it.
Bloodyfang what anime is your avatar from? I like it!
I like it alot. :D
Diemond shame shame. It isn't from anime. It is Tron from Megaman Legends.

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:23 pm

OoOoOooOo

Looks like I'm gonna have to go and find me some Megaman Legends!

otakuscotty
Org Profile

Post by otakuscotty » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:38 pm

If you have the ATI Raedon 7500, you get Unlead Video Studio version 5 for free. i't a good start. I tried WMM and i liked it, but it sucks for serios video editing. I'd like to give Final Cut Pro a whirl, but i don't have 1000 to spend on that kind of software, but from what i've read about it and casually experienced, its a badass pro-editing program.
My question is how many of you have one of those little TVs on your desk i suppose for testing playback...if not for that, what are they for? is it a neccesity to give you an edge in ensuring yuor video comes out the best?
spPANDAforpresedentofUSA2004.org

Return to “General AMV”