I Have a Problem

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Miss Butterfly
Org Profile

I Have a Problem

Post by Miss Butterfly » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:11 pm

You see, I've been trying to use my Windows Movie Maker for a long time, but I can't figure out why it doesn't work. Whenever I try to import some music or whatever, it says that there is an unspecified error. But then, if I close Movie Maker and open it again, the files are there.

But more importantly, I can't put anything onto the story board, no matter what. For some reason, it doesn't let me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can some one please help? I really want to make an AMV. :(

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:02 pm

well mine did this to me for a little while until I defragged refreshed me virtual memory and installed some codecs.
Try all 3 and see what happens(I say this 'cause it was so long ago i don't remember how i exactly fixed it)
new banzors in the making :p

Miss Butterfly
Org Profile

Post by Miss Butterfly » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:57 pm

Do you remember which Codecs they were?

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:43 am

might have been cccp or K=Lite honnestly it was years ago and i don't remember....i think it was more to do with dydtem resources ... like the files i was opening in WMM were fuggin huge (160GB >.<)
new banzors in the making :p

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:04 am

Try installing DivX/XviD codecs,and check if that fixes your problem,if not,then I would suggest installing AMVApp,it has Lossless codecs,such as Huffyuv and Lagarith. Using one of these,will not just increase the quality,but will be easier to work with too!
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”