Netflix turn-around times

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
CorpseGoddess
Org Profile

Post by CorpseGoddess » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:54 pm

If anybody's in Canada, zip.ca is the comparable service and it's excellent. Their anime selection is pretty impressive, and they've added shipping spots---we have one in Vancouver and it's usually about 2 days between sending and receiving a disc. They have this system where if you've established yourself as a responsible returner, you can mark a disc as "returned" the day you send it and they'll ship another one out that same day.

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:26 pm

Netflix for me has always vacillated between really awesome and really horrible. One place I lived, they couldn't get me two DVDs in a row - ever. One was always getting lost in the mail, or being returned as undeliverable (that account didn't last long). I live somewhere else now, and haven't had a problem yet.

I do find the turnaround times rather undependable, but I think a lot of this depends on what your mail carrier is doing with your mail. I've sent stuff back on a Monday and had it not show up as "delivered" until Thursday and other times they get it Tuesday. Same thing with shipments TO me - they'll say on Wednesday I should expect a DVD Thursday, but sometimes it won't show up until Friday or even Saturday.

The funny thing is, every time something out of the ordinary happens with my DVDs - say I send one back later than usual - they send me a customer service query asking how they're doing. :roll:

Because I use most of my Netflix account for ripping purposes, most of my DVDs get sent back the next morning. This makes for about 6-8 DVDs per month with the 1-out-at-a-time package. Like I said, sometimes turnaround is great, other times not so much, but I think only once in the past few months has a DVD taken more than a week to get to me.

Oh yeah, and just watch out for scratched discs...I've been unable to rip some DVDs because they had been used and abused so much.

OhmGautama
Org Profile

Post by OhmGautama » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:54 pm

Ah yah, Im hoping the turn around times aren't more then a week and that if I do get a disc it wont be scratched :lol:
"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make"

Return to “General Discussion”