How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:13 am

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:49 am

Shadow hearts 2 pic
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ah84uz

Shadow hearts 3 pic
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g53z2c

I would've uploaded them to photobucket, but they seem to be down at the moment, so you'll just have to download each image yourself. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The links you provided no longer work...but yeah, a nice long explanation whenever you have the time will be great. I learned how to extract audio thanks to you but this seems like something completely different.

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:48 am

heh
MaggIvy wrote:The links you provided no longer work...
sayde wrote:Don't bother looking for the pics I posted in that thread. None of the links work.
anyways. I highly suggest seeing how far you can get w/ the information in those 2 threads first because it *could* be awhile before I get to making a detailed tutorial for that game. Despite the fact that you won't have any pics to go by, all the information you need is technically already there. It's just not outlined in a nice orderly format...yet.

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:40 am

Pwnt :lol:

Yeah I didn't see that until after I posted it...lol.

I'll be sure to try it.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:45 am

has anyone confirmed whether the process outlined in this thread will work for Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria ?

FAAuraJin
Org Profile

Post by FAAuraJin » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:52 am

PSS Plex no longer exists, it seems... I got through step 3 (a long process on a Xenosaga disk... I have 101 pss movie files now)... any idea where I can get it or a comparable program to complete the same function?
"I wouldn't want to be a part of any club that would have a guy like me as a member"

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:08 pm

If you google "PSS plex" you'll find a link to the program within the very first result.

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:11 pm

FAAuraJin
Org Profile

Post by FAAuraJin » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:56 pm

Not to sound cranky... but I tried that. and the next few links
the link on that first page takes you to the sony site, where apparently they have no idea what PSS Plex is.

Ah well. I skipped that step, as per a suggestion on the first page, and just ripped all the video files as m2v.
My issue now is that the DVD2AVI program keeps freezing up half-way. I'm stuck with 60 videos left to convert that I cant seem to work, including a very crucial one for my video
"I wouldn't want to be a part of any club that would have a guy like me as a member"

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:56 pm

first off, even if a search engine didn't work for you, the link that I had posted above definitely does work. It leads straight to the page with pss plex. Period. Here it is again, though I suppose you'll have no use for it anymore.

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/ps2util.html

secondly, you don't have to use DVD2AVI if you don't want. You can just drag m2v files straight into virtual dub and begin converting them to .avi. But if you really feel obligated to index your footage, then don't use DVD2AVI. Use DGIndex. See if that helps. It's like the upgraded version of DVD2AVI. It might not freeze on you like DVD2AVI does.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”