Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:56 pm

ep26 Spoiler below:

I teared up. It's such a simple wish, a dream that I think anyone could be happy with.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:23 am

Lyrs wrote:ep26 Spoiler below:
I loled ;p

xexyzl
Org Profile

Post by xexyzl » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:11 pm

I haven't watched any of it yet, but my mecha wacko friend at school has been watching all the way up to 26. He keeps hoping and praying that 27 won't be a Gainax ending. Apparently it airs Saturday am I correct? Wikipedia says sept. 30 but maybe they're wrong.

xexyzl
Org Profile

Post by xexyzl » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:50 pm

I created a space time vortex over the weekend and blasted through all 27 episodes.
Spoiler :
Pic: the D is Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggenn. Ending was good, end of story

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:53 pm

I was thinking that I like the anime so much that I should try to make an AMV to it but the ending I saw just then kinda let me down, I mean its a series about making the impossible possible so couldn't they just do that ONE LAST TIME to fully satisfy me? >_< Yeah you all know what I'm talking about =\ Oh yeah they shouldn't had made that epilogue, or at least I wish I didn't see it because it kinda ruined the overall cool impression of all the characters, do we really want to see what they look like after another but longer time skip? :/

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:59 pm

oh yeah and Nia > Yoko

and Kamina >>> ALL

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:29 pm

I just started this anime and I am liking it so far. Yoko is my new inspiration.

Does anyone have any information on the UNCUT version of episode 06? - the episode that takes place mainly in an onsen?

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:43 am

This series is EPIC GOOD TIMEZ, that is all.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:08 am

I've just finished it.
I do believe that last battle may have been the most epic thing I have ever seen.

The recurring theme in this anime that I noticed is:
"Let's get a robot thats so big that it belittles everything around it, and then make one so much bigger that it is like a flee in comparison."
IT'S NOT BIG ENOUGH. MAKE IT BIGGER. :D

To me there is nothing more epic than two robots throwing galaxies at each other.

I am definitely buying this as it comes out in English. First volume arrives at the end of February.

xexyzl
Org Profile

Post by xexyzl » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:53 am

And funnily enough most of the trolls on /m/ complain about "forms that last one episode" near the end.

Yeah, the first volume has been on my amazon wish list, preparing to get it. I asked Vic Mignogna how the dub was going at Sac-Anime, and he seemed to like his part well enough (viral).

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”