Battle Angel Manga

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Battle Angel Manga

Post by ZeWrestler » Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:03 pm

Hey,

I was wounder, I just read the first Battle Angel Manga Book, and I was woundering how many more books are after it? And if there's more than 2 books, what are they called?

ZeWrestler
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:03 am

There are MANY Books...

The Anime of Battle Angel covers roughly what story there is in the first two books... but I collected the whole VIZ release of Manga in the US and the story goes on and on... but reaches a fantastic ending.

Visit the VIZ website, I'm sure they list all the Battle Angel manga collections.

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:35 am

whats the url??
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:10 am

I believe there are a total of 8 books. I can't remember; I read them all about 4 years ago. They're really good though.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Kerydwenn
Org Profile

Post by Kerydwenn » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:23 pm

At VIZ's, you said? If it's the Battle Angel I'm thinking of, I know there are 9 books for our local translation. But we have the original names and title ;)

I've heard there was to be a sequel too, but not sure if it's already out in Japan, so... Those are only corridor whispers, you know ;)

if it's not this serie... well, too bad for me, and I'm off with a 'moron' sticker on my face for the next feww days :P

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:34 pm

Just so I can clarify, is there a seperate anime/manga called Battle Angel, or are you talking about Battle Angel Alita? Actually, I think those are the same thing, only their Japanese and English names, respectively.

At any rate, I think a sequel would kick ass, although I don't know how it would be pulled off. If you've read all the manga, you know what I'm talking about.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Kerydwenn
Org Profile

Post by Kerydwenn » Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:58 am

Yup, it's this one I was thinking about.

I've recently heard of Kishiro planning a sequel, after having worked on the video game, but this information is highly subject to caution, because so many things have been told about this that... Well, in any case, yes, I remember the manga's ending, and, err... if he can put with a GOOD sequel, I won't say no ;)

I'm always confused with the names though. Zalem --> Tiphareth, Gally --> Alita, while in our version Alita's the name she receives when she's transferred into... oh crap, spoiler to come, so I shut up... But here it is, I'm always confused with those translations o_O

SentosKarum
Org Profile

Post by SentosKarum » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:00 pm

I can help out :
In a Manga magazine I saw first pictures and an explanation why there is actually an sequel. Apparently the Author was.. (Don't know how to say it properly in english) had some mental problems when he finished the serie but now he is back up and planning the sequel.
If you have already all 9 books, take the last one and go to capitil 50 after that takes the sequel place

Return to “General Anime”