Need help finding characters using computers?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Inferno
Org Profile

Post by Inferno » Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:03 pm

Digimon has people using computers. Season 3 the most!

LongShot
Org Profile

Post by LongShot » Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:18 pm

The Bubblegum Crisis Series
Girls use me.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:45 pm

Excel and Hyatt. and Menchi.. maybe.

Aneino_Kaijin
Org Profile

yes

Post by Aneino_Kaijin » Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:29 pm

Satsuki (X) would be great for this. Also, maybe Iria (the movie) or 8 Man After?

zalas
Org Profile

Post by zalas » Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:27 pm

I'd say Skuld from ep 5 of the OMG oav, but she doesn't look the least bit romantic :) It would look more like she's trying to hack into the guy's computer haha

kaitoujuliet
Org Profile

Chars with Computers

Post by kaitoujuliet » Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:52 pm

Yaegashi in Blue Seed! He is the office's resident computer geek, so there are quite a lot of scenes of him typing. He's even seen playing some risque computer games, like the one that's supposed to predict Momiji's panties for the day.

Juliet

merrow
Org Profile

Post by merrow » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:01 am

Great suggestions everybody! My anime veiw is kind of narrow (shoujo mostly) and even though I've seen most of the shows you've all mentioned I never would have connected them to this. Here's what's come up so far:

Lain, Sailor Moon (Ami, Luna), Hand Maid May (Kazuya), Boogiepop Phantom (ep 5), Full Metal Panic (possibly ep 8), Yami No Matsui, Read or Die, Cowboy Bebop, Mecha Shows like Gundam Wing, Macross, Robotech, X (Satsuki), Noir, Excel (ep 5), Dual!, Gatekeepers 21, Digimon, Bubblegum Crisis, Iria, OMG (Skuld), and Blue Seed

I'll have to go through and see if I can find scenes that fit, as Zalas pointed out, even if they're on the computer they may not fit the situation (though that could be funny too). So please keep the suggestions coming.

A question for those suggesting Satsuki from X...So far I have sucessfully avoided the angst that is X, is he really that ideal a character for this? I'm really not familar with him at all.

Merrow

Marlone
Org Profile

BAV

Post by Marlone » Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:25 am

In episode 17 of Battle Athletes Victory, Anna spends a lot of time on the computer, but she generally looks pretty pissed off. There's a good shot of her fingers flying around the keyboard though. (that's dvd 6)

There's a little bit of computer work in Please Save My Earth and Mima's first meeting a computer in Perfect Blue (before anything gets scary, it's a bit cute).

zalas
Org Profile

Post by zalas » Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:46 pm

BTW, you can use skuld's scene as a breakup scene (there was one scene in ep 5 when she literally starts crying buckets) :)

It would be really funny (tho not necessarily appropriate) if there's that scene at the end of end of eva with ritsuko typing on the computer followed by the scene immediately afterwards. Ah the risks of computing haha :)

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:14 pm

You could use some clips of Netto and Meiru from Rockman EXE
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Return to “General AMV”