Videos using Studio Ghibli

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Videos using Studio Ghibli

Post by Tsunami Jones » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:12 am

The This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that primarliy use anime from Studio Ghibli (Totoro, Spirited Away, etc.).

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:29 am

Last edited by JaddziaDax on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:01 am

Pimping for Alberto because this is the creepiest Totoro vid I have ever seen.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

nekomataE22
Org Profile

Post by nekomataE22 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:15 pm

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:50 pm

I won't repeat any of the ones above. Here's my contribution...

Sorry I keep adding to this... I'm now recommending 17 videos (!). But in my defense, this thread was long overdue to be created, and there's a backlog of very worthy Ghibli videos.

Without further ado:

Multiple/Various

A hackneyed song, and it's a bit heavy for the material, but this is pulled off pretty well. JaddziaDax has put out some of the best Ghibli videos out there.

A great compilation video that actually feels very cohesive.

Howl's Moving Castle

I love Howl's, and I love this video. Perfect pacing and editing, as exhilarting as the movie itself is. If the vid-quality was just a touch better, I wouldn't have any qualms about calling this my favorite Howl's video.

Wow. Umm... REALLY good. This is really the perfect song for this movie. I love this video. Only blemish is that there are places where the video lurches, and I don't think it's just my compy (though I suppose it could be...). But this is still one of my favorites, regardless.

A wonderfully romantic (if slightly cheesy) Howl's video. Hopeless romantics should download this post-haste.

A touch slow, but this video is very heartfelt. The editor has a real eye for cutting at just the right speed for the pace of the song. And it doesn't hurt that the vid capture is top-notch.

A slow but interesting orchestral video. It requires patience, and isn't as immediately satisfying as many of the videos that use pop rock songs... but believe me, this is well worth your time.

Princess Mononoke

One of my favorite Ghibli video on the site. What are you waiting for? Dowload this now! And incidentally, SSJVegita0609 deserves a medal or something... his videos are consistently top-notch.

This video has some pretty unique editing... very fast-paced, a lot of cutting back-and-forth.

A good lyric-less Mononoke video. This one covers the whole film fairly well.

Not sure why this one is categorized under "fun." The song is a bit strange, and the video itself a twinge unsettling. Nonetheless, it's certainly not boring.

I'll admit that I was initially skeptical of this one. Based on the title, I wasn't sure whether it was going for parody or not. But even though I'm not a country fan, this vid is actually quite good. I was surprised, but pleased.

This is what you might call a "legitimate" Mononoke trailer (that is, it's not a parody). I was pretty impressed. If the video quality were a bit better and the whole thing a touch more polished, this could almost pass for a pro trailer.

Whisper of the Heart

Yes, the song is kind of tired and overplayed. And the video quality isn't the best (BOO to black bars!). But this video is extremely well-edited, and the song works very well with the anime. IMHO, by far the best Whisper of the Heart vid on the site.

Grave of the Fireflies

A heart-wrenching video of Grave of the Fireflies (is there any other kind?)

Very well-done. Billy Joel's gentle singing here is a nice counterplay to the horrors of the film.

Again, kind of a tried song (and a bit melodramatic when compared to the true drama of the film), but it works here.
Last edited by AtheistPreacher on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:34 am, edited 7 times in total.

- Kael
Org Profile

Post by - Kael » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:40 pm

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:43 pm

One of the best Ghibli videos evarrr...so happy and uplifting! It's not available on Local but you can grab it from Minion's Vault here.

Koshi-kun
Org Profile

Post by Koshi-kun » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:17 pm

@BasharOfTheAges

Or is THIS the creepiest Totoro Amv?

Return to “Recommended AMVs”