Project FMV: Official Thread (released!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:39 pm

Just putting out a general message to everyone...

The deadline is in ten days (September 21st), so start thinking about wrapping up your segments and sending them off to me. At this point, if you haven't sent a beta, you're probably only going to get a critique from me personally on anything you might send. As helpful and as patient as they've been for me, I don't really have time to send off new betas to the other testers anymore.

Also, I think I mentioned this before, but when you get the okay to send your final, please send it with audio. It'll make it easier for me to match segments up with the master .wav. Oh, and don't forget the five seconds of footage on either side of your segment. I don't need it in betas, but I will be needing it in the final for sure, so keep that in mind.

I'll try to have a beta of the intro up before the final deadline, but if not, don't be concerned. I will have some other editors look at it before I put it in, even if it's not the ones on this project directly.

Good luck, and I hope things are moving along for everyone involved.

See you, folks.

- Jen

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:58 pm

im about 50% complete... i got all my clips encoded, i got the ones im using in the timeline, i just gotta fix some timing, add some crazy effects, and upload it.... im in the process of buying a car, so i dont have too much time to work... expect my video tuesday or wednesday.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:31 am

I'm still in the process of sorting out my clips, the script I was given fixes up quality issues I originally had but it renders in virtualdubmod at 1fps so yeah my god it takes long to render these clip for editting o_O

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:22 pm

OropherZero wrote:it renders in virtualdubmod at 1fps so yeah my god it takes long to render these clip for editting o_O
My game has a ton of clips, and they took ages to render as well, so I feel your pain there. *pet pat*

Oh, and just a note to everyone... I'm most likely starting the second project (well, the initial interest gauge anyway) not long after this project is released - and the second one will have incredibly strict deadlines. It has to be that way, since I'm going to Spain roughly a year from now, and I won't be able to coordinate a project during that time. So, either I start the second one soon after the first, or I start it a year and a half from now. I'd rather not wait that long, personally, and I really want to do a second project.

I guess the main gist is tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell your grandma... whoever you think might be interested in this. There were a number of people who wanted to be on the project, but couldn't in light of time constraints - or they just didn't get to the thread quick enough. (Auditions next time will prevent the rush of that.) I'd like everyone to get a fair warning, a fair chance, and a voice for the next one ideally.

Anywho, deadline is closing in, and I hope everyone is doing well. See you, folks.

- Jen

masterGT
Org Profile

Post by masterGT » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:53 pm

Hello everyone!

Can someone please post an link to download the full uncompressed wav mix? Because I have only the old one with the celldweller song after mine instead of the within temptation one.
Or is it ok when I send u the lossless with the uncorrect song transition at the end of my part?

ps. good luck to all of you to finish your parts.

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:40 pm

Holy snap, "time flies" is an understatement o.o

Take has run into a problem. There's been a hard drive malfunction resulting in the loss of several bajillion of my Kingdom Hearts clips. With the amount of time I have left and the fact that I still have to finish my Dirge of Cerberus track, as well as being swamped with college and work, my KH track will unfortunately have to stay the way it is. I can't even open the original project file to work with now that over half the clips I've used are now simply "media offline".

I'll still be able to work on that countdown idea of yours, DJ-san, and I will hopefully have the DoC track completed by the 21st. I hope we'll be able to deal with having one 'meh' track at the end of the project, but because of the time constraints and loss footage, I won't be able to work on anything the beta suggested for the final track. I apologize on behalf of the accursed external drive that decided to break down at the most oppurtune time.

Ugh D: The logical thing for me to do would've been just to finish the darned videos before college even started, but nooooo. Procrastination ftl.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:49 pm

masterGT wrote:Or is it ok when I send u the lossless with the uncorrect song transition at the end of my part?
Ah, if it's just the transition part of the music that's meesed up, then you can just use the version you have. You shouldn't be doing any major cuts during that part, anyway, so I sincerely doubt you'll throw off anything.

As for you, Take-chan... I'm gonna PM you right now in regards to how to deal with that, alrighty? :)

- Jen

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Some part of me always squeals like a giddy schoolgirl when you call me Take-chan :3;; Sounds good, will wait for your PM~

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:49 am

Hmm. Something just occurred to me: why FMV? What does that even mean? :?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

masterGT
Org Profile

Post by masterGT » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:43 am

Kitsuner wrote:Hmm. Something just occurred to me: why FMV? What does that even mean? :?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_motion_video

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”