Video Game Project 4 - Release date: Oct 24

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:46 am

Get there early for AMV Hell people; last time it became bloody standing room only and if the crowd sticks around for VG4 then the editors will be kicked out as a fire hazard :-P
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:54 am

The Wired Knight wrote:Get there early for AMV Hell people; last time it became bloody standing room only and if the crowd sticks around for VG4 then the editors will be kicked out as a fire hazard :-P
I'll be there for 2 of the preceding events before AMV HELL 4. The Aquasky/Decoy panel, then the Ayumix showing. I'm pretty sure quite a few people will leave after AMV HELL 4 is over, so I bet there will be room to sit.... I hope...
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:54 am

Castor Troy wrote:
The Wired Knight wrote:Get there early for AMV Hell people; last time it became bloody standing room only and if the crowd sticks around for VG4 then the editors will be kicked out as a fire hazard :-P
I'll be there for 2 of the preceding events before AMV HELL 4. The Aquasky/Decoy panel, then the Ayumix showing. I'm pretty sure quite a few people will leave after AMV HELL 4 is over, so I bet there will be room to sit.... I hope...
I'll take that bet :P
And here I figured both Hell 4 and VGP4 would be on Saturday for some reason. I'm not complaining.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:52 am

Castor Troy wrote:
I'll be there for 2 of the preceding events before AMV HELL 4. The Aquasky/Fallchild panel, then the Ayumix showing. I'm pretty sure quite a few people will leave after AMV HELL 4 is over, so I bet there will be room to sit.... I hope...
Oh, is that what's before it? Coo.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:54 pm

I kinda forgot that MCWagner only sent the guests and anyone doing projects the schedule. So yeah, that's what's going on.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:41 pm

Hope the showing goes great and I wish I could be there to see it. Good luck guys, I'm sure the project came out excellent! :D

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:12 am

Dude, where are you gonna be?

AWA is where all the cool people are going 8-)
BANG

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:35 am

Well, I'm gonna be honest and say that we lost about 70% of the AMV HELL 4 audience, but we still had a decent number of people who stayed and really enjoyed it. That's what truly matters.

The official tracklist will be updated this week with the full playlist.

I'll probably announce when the full project will be available to download soon. Thanks to everyone who attended!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:53 pm

Full tracklist is now up..
http://www.vg-projects.com/vg4/

I've decided that VG4 will not be available until near the end of October for the following reasons:

- I need to fix a few things like missing credits and ngsilver's video.
- I don't want to get caught in the post awa-rush.
- Classes have started for me so I haven't even begun to start on any full project encode.
- I don't want to compete with AMV HELL 4's release (again)

I still want to apologize to ngsilver for the problem that his video had during the showing. He's already given me a fixed version of his track so once I re-check everything else, I can start working on the full project encode and the DVD. So please hold off on posting your videos till Oct 24th or so. I promise you guys it will be worth it. It'll be a special occassion on that day (for me at least) so I feel that'll be the best time to release it. The official website will also get a MAJOR revamp in time for the VG4 DVD release in December. So definitely watch out for those.

As for the next project, I will not be running one next year for the 2008 con season since I'll be busy with personal stuff (I gotta finally graduate college and get a real job x_x), but if you guys and especially myself are interested a year from now, I'll run an interest gauge for the 5th VG Project for the 2009 con season. After all of this, I realize that we don't have to do this every year and it's nice to have a break once in a while. Plus it'll give me time to think of new ideas for the next project. I do plan on having a definite ending for the projects so don't expect me to run up to VG13 :P

I really do want to expand on alot of the things we did in VG4 and improve on them. So I hope everyone will enjoy their one year break and I'll have a final decision about the 5th project after next AWA, regardless whether I go or not.

As they say in King's Quest V...
"Absence makes the heart go yonder"

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:10 am

If we skip a year we may compete with AMV Hell V :P
BANG

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”