Digimon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Beast Spear
Org Profile

Post by Beast Spear » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:25 pm

HyperTails wrote:
pinky75910 wrote:And we have still no idea how they're handling aniki.
Oops, guess I forgot to mention that. "Aniki" will be translated to "boss".
Wow, that's not a good translation.

"Master" if it had to be changed should be "boss"
while Aniki is better as "sir" rather than "boss".
Care about the video itself, not what format it's in.

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:04 pm

Beast Spear wrote:
HyperTails wrote:

"Aniki" translates to "brother" or "boss", and it's meant to be boss in this situation. I find nothing wrong with that at all.

Supposedly "master" was changed to "sir" because "master" sounds more like ownership instead of respect (and since they never had a backstory for Thomas and Gaomon, it can't be said if Gaomon considered him his owner or not). I still don't like it though, since Gaomon actually called him "master" in English and it sounds better too.

Beast Spear
Org Profile

Post by Beast Spear » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:06 pm

HyperTails wrote:
Beast Spear wrote:
HyperTails wrote:

"Aniki" translates to "brother" or "boss", and it's meant to be boss in this situation. I find nothing wrong with that at all.

Supposedly "master" was changed to "sir" because "master" sounds more like ownership instead of respect (and since they never had a backstory for Thomas and Gaomon, it can't be said if Gaomon considered him his owner or not). I still don't like it though, since Gaomon actually called him "master" in English and it sounds better too.
I know what they mean, but I think switching them would be a better choice in my opinion...
Care about the video itself, not what format it's in.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:53 pm

It's an unexplained mystery why that type of relationship exists between them. i guess the dubbers didn't want to give the kiddies the wrong kind of idea. It all depends on how they say it.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:10 pm

Toon Disney has recently started showing promos for Data Squad. From the sound of things, "Digi-Soul charge!" has been changed to "DNA charge!". Why was this change made?

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:09 pm

HyperTails wrote:Toon Disney has recently started showing promos for Data Squad. From the sound of things, "Digi-Soul charge!" has been changed to "DNA charge!". Why was this change made?
No way, he says DigiSoul Charge in the game.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:16 pm

pinky75910 wrote:
HyperTails wrote:Toon Disney has recently started showing promos for Data Squad. From the sound of things, "Digi-Soul charge!" has been changed to "DNA charge!". Why was this change made?
No way, he says DigiSoul Charge in the game.
Supposedly the change was decided after the game by someone who works above Jeff Nimoy, so he's not to blame for this decision.

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:07 pm

I played Digimon World Data Squad, and from the voices I've heard so far, Marcus and Agumon can sound rather annoying at times in my opinion, though that may just be because it's the game and not the anime.

I haven't heard Thomas and Gaomon's voices yet, though Gaomon has different game VA anyway, so it wouldn't matter too much.

Kudamon definitely sounds much different than I expected, but his voice does fit him enough to the point where it isn't bad. It does work fairly well with Sampson's voice.

Miki, Megumi, and Yoshino all sound pretty good to me.

TRTrunks2
Org Profile

Post by TRTrunks2 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:42 am

meh, i lost interest in digimon after digimon 2.
1 and 2 were awesome, way way better than Pokemon.
I spent my childhood watching db and digimon so i saw like all eps twice on tv when i was a kid.
Digimon rulez.

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:34 am

Well, I've heard Keenan's voice now; it fits him great in my opinion. Of the characters Siddal's voiced that I've heard, Keenan's voic more closely resembles Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN.

Falcomon hasn't spoken yet, so I don't know how well his voice fits.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”