Relationships and being your own person

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:25 pm

I'm lucky to have a guy who is extroverted but also likes his alone time (with his video games. :? ) But yeah, I've been around enough to know there's a big enough world out there with enough variety. Love is like dress shopping. You find one that is an almost, but not quite in your size and not alterable (or that you can't girdle up enough to fit into comfortably), there's always another one in a better fit. Might be tough to part with the one you have or it might take some time and effort to find another one, but its there. Its all about finding the perfect fit that looks good on you, or finding something close that either you can alter or compromise into being perfect. But even so, there are some fits and sizes you can't comfortably wear for more than 2 seconds. Let him know how you feel. If you're meant to be, he will accept it and it will work out. If he doesn't, its not meant to be. I've been in enough torturous "almost" relationships, and I can tell you, its not worth it. And on the note of being suspected of cheating, not trying to ruin anything or make you paranoid, but many times, significant others that irrationally accuse of cheating many times are either the ones who have cheated or have a past history of cheating. Therefore, they are more paranoid because they are most aware what people are capable of because they have done it themselves.
ImageImage

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:13 am

Stop showering.

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Re: Relationships and being your own person

Post by jasper-isis » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:04 am

Shazzy wrote:or I'm seeing someone else.
Sounds like there's a little bit of insecurity going on here. I wouldn't call that horrible or abnormal, but if he were more confident he wouldn't seriously think that. (I was going to suggest taking out the the "quasi" element to solidify things more, but there's no telling whether that'd help in the long run...)

I second/third/whatever the suggestion to tell him flat-out, if you haven't already. He can always find something else to do a few nights a week, right? And if he misses you terribly so, he can perhaps call you and chat for a few minutes every now and then.

Whatever you do, it definitely doesn't have to be a "change now or it's over" kinda thing. You can always work out some kind of compromise, but whether you want to or not is for you to decide. (I'd give it a try!)

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:14 pm

Nessephanie wrote:Stop showering.
lol

I like her idea.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:13 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:
lol

I like her idea.
That was totally Brad on her account.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:26 pm

Ileia wrote:
Flint the Dwarf wrote:
lol

I like her idea.
I thought so too.
:ying:

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Stab him in the heart with a wooden stake.

If he dies, then he's a vampire. If he refuses to be staked, then he's a vampire trying to hide it. |:
Hi.

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:48 pm

Koopiskeva wrote:Stab him in the heart with a wooden stake.

If he dies, then he's a vampire. If he refuses to be staked, then he's a vampire trying to hide it. |:
Alternatively, he could be a witch. To find out, place a large rock on his chest and place him in a pool of water. If he still floats, he's a witch, if not, he will be missed, but at least he wasn't a witch.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:54 pm

aesling wrote:
Ileia wrote:
Flint the Dwarf wrote:
lol

I like her idea.
I thought so too.

Maybe, but she still approved the post :O

Ileia
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:58 pm

Clearly this is Brad again. DON'T YOU HAVE STUFF TO DO IN CANADA?

Also, hereafter Liz will be referred to as "stuff".

Return to “General Discussion”