Electrified Existence

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Electrified Existence

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:20 pm

I've debated uploading this for a while now-- I wasn't really done editing, but a power surge decided that for me :/ and luckily I had an export from Magix backed up.
[I mean, yes it was done in the sense of having footage for the entire song... but there's stuff I wanted to fix, and add, and clean, and change...]

However, I like it this way ;P

You can focus on the scenes and music more, and it's 224kbps. so crank up the volume.

<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 00x600.jpg[/img]</a>

Theme: ... something along the lines of '<b>Criticisms of a Modern World</b>' ... similar to GITS
... I think that, plus the banner, pretty much sum it up.

yes it's another 60fps amv, so:
**play it with the VLC Player [I don't know why the timing creeps out of sync in other players, nor do I know how to fix it, but vlc should work]
***mixed feedback on the mp4 playback; the indirect XviD.avi might work better for you.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:30 pm

/fucken gets

WC Annihilus
Org Profile

Re: Electrified Existence

Post by WC Annihilus » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:34 pm

Phantasmagoriat wrote:I've debated uploading this for a while now-- I wasn't really done editing, but a power surge decided that for me :/ and luckily I had an export from Magix backed up.
I find this rather ironic considering the title of the vid (sorry, had to say it >.>)

/gets

Edit: pretty good stuff, though the black flashes gave me a minor headache >.>
4/5
Last edited by WC Annihilus on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:55 pm

I enjoyed this video a lot. You kept with the flow of the song very well, and your theme/concept was unique and well thought out. I like your first Astro Boy video better, but this one's still pretty neat.

However, I really do have to complain about the 60 fps thing. My computer had trouble playing this, even in VLC (which is saying something...my computer's pretty powerful). Also, I hate having to use VLC because VLC sucks hard IMO. So...I dunno, couldn't you just speed the clips up in your editing program instead of changing the framerate?

Because of the frustration I have to go through to get this to play well, I'm going to have to give you a 4/5...woulda probably been a solid 5/5 but technical problems like this really bug me :/

- Kael
Org Profile

Post by - Kael » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:36 pm

I've liked that, nice editing =)
Flashes of the end made suffer my eyes XD

4/5

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:45 pm

had a pretty nice mood and all but it just couldnt hold my attention very well

3/5

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:53 pm

WC Annihilus wrote:
Phantasmagoriat wrote:I've debated uploading this for a while now-- I wasn't really done editing, but a power surge decided that for me :/ and luckily I had an export from Magix backed up.
I find this rather ironic considering the title of the vid (sorry, had to say it >.>)

/gets

Edit: pretty good stuff, though the black flashes gave me a minor headache >.>
4/5
Yeah, I find the irony rather eerie, but it played a part in deciding the title. <.<

sorry about the flashes, but I felt that they were necessary for the theme. "Do you face the ugliness of the Modern world, or do you look away." That's what the ending was kinda trying to say.

CrackTheSky wrote:I enjoyed this video a lot. You kept with the flow of the song very well, and your theme/concept was unique and well thought out. I like your first Astro Boy video better, but this one's still pretty neat.

However, I really do have to complain about the 60 fps thing. My computer had trouble playing this, even in VLC (which is saying something...my computer's pretty powerful). Also, I hate having to use VLC because VLC sucks hard IMO. So...I dunno, couldn't you just speed the clips up in your editing program instead of changing the framerate?

Because of the frustration I have to go through to get this to play well, I'm going to have to give you a 4/5...woulda probably been a solid 5/5 but technical problems like this really bug me :/
It's good to hear that you enjoyed it a lot :D You liked my first astro boy video more, but I'm sad to say I won't be using this source any more. :(

Your complaint on the 60fps is reasonably justified. I just do it because there's no other place I've found to see stuff like it; if it is played back the way it should, the framerate should look really smooth in such a way that is not normally seen. I made a 30fps version, and it just seems so choppy. [actually, I saw Awakened at Animethon, and it was converted to 30fps.
...well....at the part where the video picks up, it was just a blur]

The suggestion to speed up the clips in Magix is in fact how I got the idea of exporting at 60fps: if you speed up a clip x2, but export at 30fps, half of your frames go to waste, [they don't even get shown], yet, the human eye would still be able to see it all-- so why not show it. If I'm not mistaken, the guides say in the framerates section that IMax movies have 48fps, and that's probably what makes them so unique. But do not fret good sir, my next amv will be 25fps ;O

Kael_ wrote:I've liked that, nice editing =)
Flashes of the end made suffer my eyes XD

4/5
sorry about the flashes, but I felt that they were necessary for the theme. "Do you face the ugliness of the Modern world, or do you look away." That's what the ending was kinda trying to say.

shinodude wrote:had a pretty nice mood and all but it just couldnt hold my attention very well

3/5
it's good that the mood worked, but it's a bit slower than I anticipated cause of the abrupt end to my editing. Plus you hate astro boy "Let's Rocket!" *jab*
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:16 am

Phantasmagoriat wrote:It's good to hear that you enjoyed it a lot :D You liked my first astro boy video more, but I'm sad to say I won't be using this source any more. :(
Aw man, but you're the only one who does ;_;

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:44 am

After your last video I just have to download this and, yeah Infected Mushroom is a very good artist. Further comments will follow via edit.

Well, somehow I forgot I wanted to watch this. Still, those 60fps and mp4. do kill my 3Ghz duocore apperantly I can't watch it in sync. This really destorys the video however I think that if it was actually dead on I'd really enjoy the video since I loke the music and the anime and together it creates a very good atmosphere even without proper sync.

Edit: I watched the xvid, and I have to say I really like this, logically it looks way better with proper syncage. Oh, and a hint next time you might want to use an anime that is more for adults and less for children. :D

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”