SNK Tribute - 1st Place Action at AnimeUSA

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
zenmetsu
Org Profile

SNK Tribute - 1st Place Action at AnimeUSA

Post by zenmetsu » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:12 am

Hey all. This is just a post to say that my video "Insert Coin - An SNK Tribute," which won 1st place in the action/dance general category at AnimeUSA, is up for download. Song is Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up," and the footage is from various SNK games.

I would appreciate people giving opinions of this video and my other videos, but I can't promise to do any opinion trades. I'm on dialup, so downloading videos is a real pain, you see... *sigh*

Anyways, go download!

silentdragon
Org Profile

WOW!

Post by silentdragon » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:11 pm

I was also thinking of an SNK tribute video and I thought it was a good idea. It was gonna be a song with energy, with character and a moody ending.

And then I see this...

DAMN. How can I hold a candle up to this level of editing and quality? Excellent video man, and great job! :D I was in that contest too for Ninja Scroll, novice category though. Only problem is some sound quality at the beginning. Sounds like a bad bit-depth and sample rate. Also, the mpeg "squarks" easily, some brief errors. Might be a transfer glitch on your or my end. Besides this, its the SNK tribute we all wanted but didn't have the ballz to do. :wink:

[[d]]

Tom the Fish
Org Profile

Post by Tom the Fish » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:30 am

I'm really glad to see this online. It got my vote for best of show at AXNY.

Tom

zenmetsu
Org Profile

Post by zenmetsu » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:28 pm

Thanks for the replies, guys.

silentdragon: As for audio quality, if you're referring to the very beginning, it's like that in the actual song. And if I understand the "squarks" thing you're talking about, it's a problem my brother was having with playing all my videos, and some other people's videos. He downloaded a newer version of his mpeg codec, and that seemed to fix it. Hope maybe that can help? Oh, and I remember seeing your Ninja Scroll video at AnimeUSA, it rocked. ^_^ Looking forward to seeing more stuff from you in the future.

Tom the Fish: Wow, it was actually shown in the contest at AXNY? That's great. When I went to AX in Long Beach CA, I found that they were appearantly intending to show it as a non-competing video, but the contest was so mixed up they didn't show it at all. -_-;; Guess they got their act together by the time AXNY rolled around. So uhh, thanks for the vote there. ^_^

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”