DVD drive issues

invisibleink
Org Profile

DVD drive issues

Post by invisibleink » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:14 pm

So, I'm trying to rip some of my SM DVDs to make another video. For some reason, my computer won't read the discs. But, this is just now happening. It's never had a problem reading them. There are no scratches/smudges on the discs and they play fine in my regular DVD player or PS2. Also, my Haruhi DVDs play fine on my computer as well as any other DVD or CD.
I have all 5 seasons of SM and none of them are working except for Stars. They came in a full boxset and are in awesome condition so I have no idea what the problem could be. I don't want to go buy a new DVD drive because it seems fine with all other discs but the DVDs are fine on any other player. What could be the problem?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:52 pm

check the region code on your dvds
I don't think it matters if you're ripping...but it can't hurt.
also, what program are you using to rip?
sometimes there are disks that one program has troubles with, but another may read the same disk without any problems.

invisibleink
Org Profile

Post by invisibleink » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:21 pm

I use Magic DVD ripper. But like I said, I've never had a problem with them until the past few days. They've always been able to play on my comp and be ripped to my hard drive. Maybe I'll try DVD Decrypter.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:34 pm

.. copyguard ? I thought they quit doing that two years ago! Try DVDfab .. its free and doesn't care about what Region its in. If DVDfab can not read the DVD then there is a CopyGuard.msi in place.

invisibleink
Org Profile

Post by invisibleink » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:57 pm

post-it wrote:.. copyguard ? I thought they quit doing that two years ago! Try DVDfab .. its free and doesn't care about what Region its in. If DVDfab can not read the DVD then there is a CopyGuard.msi in place.
It's not a copyguard because they worked fine before. Not only can I not rip them, I also can't watch them on PowerDVD nor can I see the files in the D drive in Windows. But it's only a couple of the DVDs and all the seasons and the 3 movies came in the same boxset.

post-it
Org Profile

Re: DVD drive issues

Post by post-it » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:40 pm

invisibleink wrote:.. my Sailor Moon DVDs to make another video. For some reason, my computer won't read the discs but, this is just now happened. It's never had a problem reading them before .... What could be the problem?
.. hmmm .. and reloading Magic DVD ripper & PowerDVD ?? unless you use your computer Online, there is no reason for this to happen.
.. PowerDVD could care less about "playing" almost anything!
.. Magix DVD Ripper will pop-up a warning and then have you Confirm your choice.

Magic DVD ripper ?? .. let me check my inventory ... ( 5 minutes pass ) .. I'm assuming that "Magic DVD ripper" is a misprint. .. from their web site, "Please choose "Export ifo files ..." from the File menu to export the IFO files of the DVD ..." which makes no sense to me if it can't be read T_T ... "please click "yes" when our program prompts you to ignore read errors." 0_0 .. me thinks we found the problem here!

.. I would reload PowerDVD first and see if Magic DVD ripper might have over-written something.
8-)

Return to “Hardware Discussion”