Dragon*Con 2007 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:33 am

Well this is only our second year and I swear we laugh in private. :lol: (that was a joke, I swear)

I'm sorry to hear that your friend was discouraged. The best thing she can do is pick up the peices and try harder next time. Consider the laughter a reason to do better. I was beat up last year over my rules and my black sense of humor and I cried.....oh yes, I cried......but I listened to what people said and I tried harder and hopefully it will be better this year. We have more entries this year which is a good sign. I know it isn't perfect but it will get better.

I hope to see your entry next year. Thank you for your input. I post the contest in February and I have gotten comments about posting it too early. I hope that since you know about the contest now you will be looking for the entry posting next year.

Thanks for your comments.

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:09 pm

I think I sent an entry.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:14 am

Studio Hybrid wrote:I think I sent an entry.
awsm!

is there any way you can post a list of entries, this may help incase someone sent in something and you didnt get it... ^,^

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

RESULTS & Trainwreck

Post by Nimthiriel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:35 am

I like a good trainwreck as much as the next person, just not when I'm in the train. Soooooo, here is how the contest went this year. :lol:

There was a miscommunication between the video room director, the anime track director and the programming director and in the arguement I was pushed in front of a train. At 1:30 pm on Sunday I found out that the anime track director had to turn in the request for the room where the contest was suppose to take place. I had a confirmation sent to her from the programming track director that the room was secure but apparently she had to reply saying she wanted the room and that never happened since she doesn't run the amv contest and didn't realize she was the one who had to secure the room. On top of that, no one understood that the email was not telling us we had the room but rather telling us we could have the room if we only said yes. NOW I KNOW since I spoke directly with the programming tract director at 1:30pm on Sunday as he told me we didn't have a room. This gave me what I hoped would be 6 hours to fix the problem. It was either adjust the anime/video room schedule to accomodate the contest or fight storm troopers for the room which I was told we would have. The former was easier. Soooooooooooo, I went to the anime tract room and saw that my original desired time of 7:30 pm would conflict with an AMV panel so I cut my own thoat and set the time for 5:30pm instead. By this time I had 3 hours to put it all together and get dressed. I managed to put something together. In the end I had to apologize profusely to toothpicvic since his was the only video that wouldn't play because I messed up my computer at the last minute. And I managed to make a lady cry because I had to push back my Miyazaki Movie of the day.

AND THIS IS WHY I DIDN'T TRUST ANYONE TO HELP ME LAST YEAR!!! We have added a staff position and I will have a more suitable assistant for next year if I can find someone who wants to commit to the 20 hours of indentured servitude for a free t-shirt.

Anyway, here are the results, but as you look over the results please remember I try to accomodate every single entry. We had to remove comedy due to a lack of enough participants. The entries we received for comedy were fit into the best categories possible. We also had a couple of entries that were not labled for any category and one that was labeled for two categories so I moved those based on panel decision. (As I told some creators last night I sort though everything, I do not judge.)

Action:
1st went to Yatta Dante for Mortal Kombat, Fate Style
2nd went to Kostadin Momirov for Heaven's a Lie
3rd went to Youssef Bouaoud for Center Forward

Drama:
1st went to Wunetti Productions for Neither
2nd went to Shazzy for Eyes Wide Shut
3rd went to Logan J Markov for If Kissing your sister ain't a Sin, I don't know what is

Romance:
1st went to Nic Neidenbach for Code Monkey
2nd went to Toothpicvic for Every Little Thing
3rd went to AMV_4000 for Crying Angel 2

Best of Show went to Nic Neidenbach for Code Monkey

We also had an honorable mention this year. We received an entry that was too short but it was really funny. Both this one and Code Monkey were requested for encore performances.

Yatta Dante's Gundam Rangers

Thank you all for your entries and your patience.

The awards will be mailed to all winners.

Devil^Shin
Org Profile

Post by Devil^Shin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:43 am

wow 2nd place action, cool :P congrats to all winners :P
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return.

To become the dew that quenches the land, To spare the sands, the seas, the skies, I offer thee this silent sacrifice.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Re: RESULTS & Trainwreck

Post by AMV_4000 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:15 am

Nimthiriel wrote: 2nd went to Toothpicvic for Every Little Thing
for those at the con who didnt get to see this video *tech-issues with codec* it is online and you can download it here
*please right click and save target as*
http://cb-r.org/amvs/TPV/Toothpickvic - every little thing.avi

toothpickvic
Org Profile

Post by toothpickvic » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:55 am

Good Job everyone!

And hun, you cant fix everything, but I know we try. :)

<--- a virgo and control freak... I stay stressed 90% of the time :)

Logan J. Markov
Org Profile

Post by Logan J. Markov » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:55 am

3rd went to Logan J Markov for If Kissing your sister ain't a Sin, I don't know what is
That'll be Me ! KUDOS to EVERYONE ! Great job ! :D

pitmodano12
Org Profile

Dragon*Con 2007 AMV Contest

Post by pitmodano12 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:37 am

We are planning many exciting events for the 2007 Dragon*Con Art Show including the annual Iron Artist contest, a large canvas on which all the artists can
Pitter Modano. U are welcom!

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:04 am

Well screw up or not I was pretty hot in my costume. :lol:

Return to “AMV Contests”