P&P RPG stories?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

P&P RPG stories?

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:18 am

I guess this forum is letting me show my geeky side a bit more, but I digress...

Anyone here involved in any d20, d10, tri-stat, etc. campaigns at the moment? My gaming experience is only a few years old (having only really started at my University and with some friends of friends around the same time), but i've mannaged to be in several D&D (3.0/3.5) campaigns, old WoD Mage and Hunter campaigns, BESM d20 games (as a player) and one as a GM that i've run for around 2 years now (the same campaign - it's that epic). For those that don't know, BESM (Big Eyes Small Mouth) is an anime-esque series of systems. One is tri-stat and one is d20 - the d20 version (the one i'm famiiar with) has pretty exagerated level progression (I usually throw CRs at my players 1.5 to 2x what you'd see in D&D 3.5), but the point system allows for a pretty free range of character builds - the characters i've had in my game so far include a Guitar Samurai (with an adorible rape child - it's a long story involving twinking and what really low stats really mean in terms of size/age), an Angel (that could resurect... except he was encased by a party member in a block of lead when he fell in battle), an FMA-style Alchemist (the one who encased the Angel), the reborn Mecha-Angel (think robo-kai from guilty gear... even says bzzztt) a Pirate (with a first mate that had phobia[trees over 30' tall]), a slime with a pet monster human ("Chet Thundernuts"), a young boy with a pet Oni (looked like a chinese dragon, shot water like a fire hose), a dwarven battle chef (oddly enough, it's a class in the setting book i use, but the player never saw the book and thought he was making the character up on his own), and a talking sword.

I can go into all sorts of detail (and will if prompted), but how about some odd stories from soneone else to start this off (and so i don't spend an hour writing 5 pages of stuff that nobody responds to).

What were some wacky stuff in campaigns you were in?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:11 am

This is about as close as I get to P&P games, though I have a euthanstic interest in them.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:07 pm

Well, since my main D&D character is female I always wind up getting into some interesting situations. Back when I lived in Kentucky my roommate had a campaign where the main evil lord in the story was the owner of the mount my character had in another campaign. Apparently my mount had the ability to jump dimensions and wound up taking my character into the other campaign and ultimately into the company of it's main antagonist, whom apparently was my character's love interest's brother. Unable to kill him due to him being stronger then her, and the fact that her mount wouldn't allow it, she was forced to travel with him, enter the realms of hell, assist in killing the weaker lords of hell thanks to her need to spar, meet up with her current dimensions versions of herself, her sister, her love interest, and her sister's love interest, all while trying to mentally convince her mount's owner to become good again.

Oh, and did I mention the night where she joined in an all female orgy with all the cohorts of her mount's owner, the female members of the campaign's party, and a few others that wound up making the whole town they were in have an orgy of their own?

I really kinda miss the group I was in back in Kentucky.
ImageImageImageImage

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:19 pm

I'm not in any P&P right now because the only guy who I'm interested doing a campaign with is too busy to. D;

But, back in the day...

I played D&D. I only have a few stories.

I always play the same character because I am a noob to D&D and the numbers (being as I'm horrible at math and memorizing things) intimidated me. So just having the same character every time sort of helped.

Half-elf, female, Cleric the Cleric. I shit you not. Her name was Cleric.

So the very first ever game I played was the ending of my friend's other joke campaign which consisted of a mad scientist going, well, mad, and drinking all of his various liquids, but not before forcing one of the people in our party to ingest some first. The mad scientist promptly disappeared in a wealth of explosions, and two days later a growth appeared ont he party member who had also drank the liquid, which later turned into a tumor that spontaneously seperated itself from the party member and turned into the clone of the mad scientist.

Luckily, we had more serious campaigns after that.

One time, with a DM named D(I know...) I had been playing my character for a couple of weeks, but I guess something ticked him off that day or I failed another saving role or osmething, and he goes, "You have to change your character name."
I say, "I don't want to... And I don't have to."

Someone interjects, "Uh, because the DM is GOD.."
And I say jokingly, "I don't believe in god."
Someone else goes, "How can you not believe in him?! He's sitting RIGHT NEXT TO YOU."

Stupid, yes, but I still find it funny.

I never did have to rename my character. xP

Then there were just people failing random checks and the DM came up with funny consequences.

A thief did a stealth check and totally flunked it, so when he was sneaking up to some orc he had one finger in front of his face saying "I'm invisible... You can't see me..." While going "Clank, clank, clank" because of his chainmail. Maybe not funny in text, but completely funny when it happened.

Another was a ranger's listening check. There were some gremlins behind a door and he had +2 listen or something, but he completely failed his roll. So instead of hearing what the gremlins had to say, "You hear some fly... In Canada... Fart."
Which is simply ironic, because how can he hear a fly in canda when he can't hear what's in front of him?

.... So let's just skip the part where you go "SQ, those aren't funny" and go straight to the part where you go "SQ, you're way more of a loser now than I thought you were before."
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:27 pm

I played D&D last year, but everybody's all fragmented this semester so who knows if I'll be able to get another campaign running.

P&P RPG stories tend to suck, though.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:32 pm

My DM hates me, and I like to antagonise him by creating legal but stupid characters.

that's how I play D&D

it is fun.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:57 pm

I'm stuck with my BESM game over whether or not to continue with the current campaign or to throw together a new one. I think with the new magic book i have for the system that some of the players might want new characters. i tried asking them and got wish-ashy responses.

Currently they're on a floating island piloted by a beholder. They think it's some epic quest - they even talked a dragon out of killing them (just before taking the relatively peaceful dragon into killing them in the first place by suggesting that he was in their way and they should just kill him and take his hoard) and fended off the beholder's hydra guards... The beholder is, in actuality, a young'un that "borrowed" the island to go joy riding and he and his misfit hoodlum buddies were just making racket over an island when they got lost.

there is a long and deep back story that links all the adventures they've had so far and i'm finally bringing that into the forefront, so i'd really like to keep going with it. They're all having fun, so i'm not 100% sure what to do =/
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:07 pm

I usually don't talk about any of my roleplaying stories or experiences, but I will say that one time I killed myself, the entire party, all of the bad guys, and several thousand innocent people by instantaneously accelerating a van from 30 mph to 30,000 mph after we aimed it at a house.

Oops.

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:36 pm

I've been in a few D&D campaigns, and I have hours worth of stories from all of them just because of the funny shit my friends do. Like at the beginning of our current campaign when we set a layer of the Abyss on fire, accidentally created a giant purple tentacle monster (which also caught on fire) and set it on the main town in that layer, mislaid the blame for all this with some clever forgeries, and basically started a war between the demon lord of that layer of the Abyss and the hag whose forest we set on fire. And this was a STEALTH mission.
:ying:

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:38 pm

Oh, and during all this we also accidentally gave a minotaur laser beams out of its eyes.
:ying:

Return to “General Discussion”